+1

AFR monitoring setups

So, come winter and once Iím out of the water for the end of this season, Iím set to upgrade to Stage 2 on my 2021 gp 1800. In anticipation of my just knowing Iíll wanna go further, Iím thinking to install a system to monitor AFR. Iíve read a few posts here, most of which seem to indicate O2 sensors are not long lived. Also, Iím uncertain as to the ďhowĒ I want this data. Ideally, Iíd like to see it real time, but also synced up to whatever other data logger I use (most like maptuner I think). So, Iím asking all you high tech gadget guys to share any setups u have that are working and might be what Iím interested in!! Thx in advance for any help! (FYI, Iím mechanically inclined, but electronics arenít at all my strong suitÖpretend Iím at a 5th grade level explaining these things )

I use the worx adapter and the mtxl sensor. I donít have it hooked up to a data logger but I can see the afr real time. The sensors donít last very long due to all the water going thru the exhaust pipe, so what I do is start the ski and make sure the afr is good then I disconnect the sensor because if you leave it in all the time it will burn up in no time. Also not a bad idea to buy a spare sensor in case if the original dies.

+1
    Hmmm…so, u only are monitoring on spot check type of setup? It does seem a LOT of guys have longevity issues with the sensors, I was just trying to find out if there’s a way around them failing quickly. Seems water will always be the problem

You could try to mount them closer to the manifold but that would require something custom and I havenít seen many people do it so I would be a little skeptical. Like I said before I just take the sensor out once I know itís running good and that will make it last much longer

Thread Information