Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

+1

Bought these at NAPA and picked up the filters through Pep Boys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F00F1228-BA49-4E30-8BEB-680C45A2FD27.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	478598  
    Last edited by Jonesyfxr; 09-19-2021 at 05:48 AM.

+1
    Whew, put in some elbow grease this weekend. I got the fuel sender out and modified with adding extra fuel tubing to the "on" pickup. Removed the sender from the oil tank and tie-wrapped the floats up. Pulled the cowling off and cleaned out the air intake areas of leaves and debris. Removed the elephant ear fresh air hoses.

I deleted the fuel switch and put in the extra hose for dual feeding the carb racks. I'll have to come up with something fun to label the non-working fuel selector since I put it back in to fill the hole. Installed additional fuel filter in the new fuel line (thanks for the pictures ^^).

I got the carbs all broken down, they were certainly in need of rebuild. Kinda chewed up the pilots getting two of them out so I'll just get all new jets around, they're not expensive for what time it takes to get in there. Finished removing the powervalves and annodes from the cylinder jugs so my disassembly is mostly complete.

I'll be sending the jugs out this week, and digging into the crank case to get it out as well. Sending it off this week too. Then the waiting game begins for them to show back up. In the mean time I have the carb kits arriving sometime around Wednesday, so that should keep me busy next weekend. I decided that I will pull the aft bulkhead (battery compartment and ECU) and inspect the aft area while I have the engine out.

I installed the freeflow exhaust in 2015 due to leaking exhaust in the plastic parts. It is LOUD and I want to do a spary coat of bedliner on it. I've heard this reduces the resonance a lot without blocking the flow. Anyone try this trick? I'd like to hear results or thoughts.
    Thanks in advance.

+1
    You can install a fuel pressure gauge in place of the fuel selector. Install a brass tee before the tank, tap the tank side of the return, install the return jet and use the third barb of the tee for your gauge.

Since you’re in that far…. We removed our oil tank and pickup, then installed a jumper across the terminals to cheat the float. This leaves tons of room up front and lightens is up some too!!
    Last edited by Jonesyfxr; 09-20-2021 at 06:02 AM.

+1
    Thanks Jonesy, I'll have to see about that while I'm waiting for the parts to come back home.

It's been two weeks since I started turning wrenches on this ski, and I think I have everything unbolted that I possibly need to. I got the case separated today! I don't have time to do much more tonight, so tomorrow I'll clean up the crank and get it ready to ship Thursday. There is one screw on one of the carbs that started stripping out the head, so I'll have to clean it up and get it off but everything else is loose or apart completely.

Cylinders and the head were shipped today. Getting all new pistons (since I had to get at least one, may as well get a matched set) and that will complete the upper. The case looks great, and the crank looks great too. But with the hours and past racing days I'm going to send it off for new bearings, and true and weld service.

My gasket kit came in for the motor, and the rebuild kits for the carbs, pluss the 1211 sealant. New needle/seats and grey springs arrived over the weekend.

Only things left to order are reeds and main 125/pilot 110 (and 95 fuel return) jets.

It sure is nice seeing the life breathing back into this ski, it has been a sweet ride and I can't wait to hear it fire up again. I have some cleaning to do but I can't wait to start building it back up.

+1
    I used a Dewalt impact driver on the screw heads… it was suggested by a buddy that works on standups. What a lifesaver that was!!

+1
    I got the crank shipped out Thursday. I did not find any ferrous metal in the bottom of the case, only some powdered aluminum and grime. That made me feel better, but also glad I send the crank out for new bearings anyways.
    I cleaned up the carbs and started rebuilding them today. I got the 1/8 holes drilled out in the return passages. No problem with that.

Putting the check valves and grommets in the carbs--WTF? I screwed up 3 of the 6 before I figured out something that "kinda" worked to get them in without messing them up. I have ordered 6 more just in case I screw some of them up too.

Anyone know the trick on these f*&kers? Oh well, my jets won't come in until mid week so I'll just chill out for a few days.

I did get an electric bilge that I'll add into the hull. I think I'll go pull the battery box tomorrow so I can look around back there.

+1
    Finess and patience is a virtue. I oiled the rubber retainers before installing. I used slight downward pressure while angling the installation tool to the side and rotating it around in a circle.

+1
    I pulled the battery and electronic box out of the way today. The aft compartment is dirty but all in good order. I took the free flow exhaust tube out and painted the exterior with several layers of truck bed liner after cleaning it scuffing it with 180 grit sand paper. It looks nice and hope it takes some of the harmonic reverberation out at mid range. I was able to get the exhaust hoses connected even better than they were before, so happy about all that.

I fabricated a little mount to hold the seasence 800 gallon bilge I got. I mounted it in the aft area and ran the hose up the RHS of the back of the sidewall. I put the water exit where some of it will come down into the foot well if it really starts pumping, but at moderate speed it will pour to the back. This should show me if I have a major issue but in normal conditions will not be a nuisance. I wish the weekends were longer, this is a lot of fun.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210926_175535.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	478940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210926_175512.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	478941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210926_175554.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	478942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210926_175600.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	478943  

+1
    Well, MT said my head is not repairable. Now I need a new head. Anyone have a 1200 GPR head available?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Well, MT said my head is not repairable. Now I need a new head. Anyone have a 1200 GPR head available?
    Rich at WFO will likely have something. I have seen them on Ebay as well.

11. +1 by:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information