Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

+1
    Great news!!! Can't wait to hear how she runs!!!

+1
    Do your self a big favour and replace the power valve joiners . I have made metal joiners with grub screws that open all three valves exactly the same amount and the same time . This allows each cylinder to perform equally to help avoid the rear cylinder doing more work than the front two . You will get more revs and more power from this one mod alone as the plastic joints get hot and flex and don’t open fully on the middle and especially the front cylinder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32352015-6011-4D24-8123-E52A5244B9EA.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	481803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VideoCapture_20190828-182516.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	481804  

+1
    Thanks Adam, that is good advice for everyone still running these engines. I did put aftermarket couplers on my powervalves 20 years ago with the wave eater mods. Much more solid than the OEM parts.

+1
    Well, not much new to report except I crawled under the ski again last weekend and took a good look around. There are two scratches I want to patch up on the hull, but the main thing is I got a good look at the prop and it looks great. I can see one small ding on two of the three blades but nothing to even warrant taking it out to dress it up. Pump and intake and ride plate all look great. Soon as it warms up a bit I'll have it out for a test/break in.

+1
    What prop are you running? We have a set of R&D heads to install and are wondering if we could pull a 14/20.

+1
    It is a Solas Concord, YF-CD-13/19. PItched by Island Racing (Carl) to 12/21. I'm sure it is over propped, it was back when I was racing, but the top speed is great. If I want more RPM's I'll de pitch it a little but probably won't touch it.
    Last edited by DavidH; 01-14-2022 at 05:34 PM.

+1
    . see above .

+1
    Posting this to keep the thread up in the first page of the list, but I might go try and give a break in run on Sunday if the weather warms up. Still debating because it is my wife's birthday today, but she has plans to go shopping on Sunday. Hmmm...I'll let you know.

+1
    So......I finally got the ski out to the lake today. What a rush to ride this machine again! My son and I took turns doing 10 minute runs, variable throttle and increasing the pulls each segment with 10 minute cool downs in between. It was chilly, 63 degrees and 55 degree water so the cool downs didn't take much time.

She runs just like it did back in my racing days. The sponsons and intake grate hook up so nice. By the end of the afternoon I was doing a couple of full pull ~maybe~ 300 yards after coming into the cove doing 3/4 throttle. It felt just like it used to--over propped and the carbs are a little fat. All great news to me, I just want the boys to be able to ride it without too much worry that it will blow up. I got 61 on the GPS (phone app) and it was still pulling faster. Into the wind, and I have at least 40 lbs more on my waist than I did back in my racing days. I bet this summer, with my skinny friend on an empty tank, he'll see 68.

Well, the build is successful, and I'll update as I can with a few pictures and videos. My son could not believe how much better this thing ran than any of the other skis our families have had. He never really rode my race ski before it went tits up last time, other than he remembers it being fast. All he could talk about when we got home was to tell our other son how awesome it is, and it will 'throw you off if you want it to". Handling is the better half of speed in my opinion.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information