Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trailer size

Thanks guys, is that the 3 or 4 inch stoltz?. I missed out on that triton unfortunately (shit sells in less than a day over here in SE WI). But I have a bigger shoreland'r now. It's an 08 that was garage kept so I'm not exaggerating when I say its in brand new condition. The weight class is fine, hopefully its long enough. It'll do once I get it, and I'll go even bigger if I need to.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbo268 View Post
    Thanks guys, is that the 3 or 4 inch Stoltz? …
    3” roller width (I think it is) to fit between the Triton winch stand arms.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    The shorelandr is probably big enough.

Online says the fx is 140" long..... this is the longest of 3 trailers i've had now and its 140 inches. Tritons are 180.

+1
    Online says the fx is 140" long...
    Tritons are 180.
    Length is one of the reasons we like the larger Triton trailers.

Well, I guess I'm pushover. Thanks guys! My mom and pop dealer still had 6 of these leftover. No deals unfortunately. K447, in that picture with the stoltz roller, I see there is a second roller added further down. Is this needed/recommended? What purpose does that extra roller serve? Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210920_171843.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	478718  

+1
    … in that picture with the Stoltz roller, I see there is a second roller added further down.
    Is this needed/recommended?
    What purpose does that extra roller serve?
    …
    Triton used to include the guide roller as standard on the previous version of the winch stand. The Triton supplied guide roller was rather small diameter and did not roll very well when there was tension on the winch strap.

I upgraded the factory guide roller to a larger diameter by cutting down a keel roller to fit.

This photo is from my 2008 Triton Elite double trailer.

The guide roller changes/controls the pull angle of the winch strap to the bow eye. It gives some room for the snap hook hardware to not be wrapped around the curve of the actual bow roller. While winching the hull along the bunks the guide roller also ‘guides’ the strap better than just having the bow roller.

On the newer Triton winch stands I add a guide roller in about the same location (carefully drilled holes with stainless steel bolt hardware). It is a Stoltz keel roller with the ends trimmed off to fit between the winch stand arms.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3012106

+1
    …

Tip: I prefer to set the Triton winch post angle to be vertical, or near vertical. And the single bolt that clamps the top of the angle support to the vertical post needs to be properly tight.

On my own Triton I drilled a new hole on each side of the factory upper bolt location, tapped threads into the winch post. Now my angled support is permanently fixed in place.

Without the extra two bolts I found that over time the winch post angle would shift as the single factory bolt just could not provide enough clamping pressure to prevent slippage between the metal pieces. After re-setting the angle several times I added the fixed position bolts.

The Triton winch posts are very adjustable so you can move the arm vertically and adjust the arm angle even with the post fixed to vertical.

Thanks, that is how I brought it home but after taking the picture I adjusted the winch tower to the height specified by triton for the height of the FX bow, and making the angle of the roller arm and upright at a 90 degree angle as specified by Triton as well. (Understanding fully I may need to make slight adjustments in any direction when its on the trailer. I also set the bunks to the Triton specified width for the FX model, again, realizing they may need to move a little.
    Last edited by bobbo268; 09-21-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information