First time owners

New to PWC
    so we decided to buy a old ski and the first time I took it to the river ran perfect for an old ski i top the speed around 60 I was happy with my investment. The second time I decided to add oil and went the cheap way bought a gallon of start brite and ran fine at the beginning all the sudden started to bog down on me if I let go of the gas and start again it does fine until like middle way on the gas and than bogs down again if I want to give it any more gas. Took it back home and start messing with it se used to pull all the oil out and call the previous owner he told me to use quick silver oil that’s all he had used. It did it again. I replace the gas filter because the one it had looked pretty old I cut the filter to look inside it was disgusting. Any body had this happen to you’ll could this close the problems? Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F05B1B0A-844E-4222-8D0C-F54C4DE3D476.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	478035  

+1
    Time for a complete fuel system rebuild from the tank to the carbs. Drain and clean the tank. Check the fuel pickups, new fuel lines, new fuel selector valve, rebuild carbs with kits and new needles, new fuel return line, new pulse lines.

Good luck. I’ve seen lots of first time buyers get turned off of skis because they get a bad taste in their mouth because they buy an older ski with a lot of problems.

+1
    Welcome aboard, Noel!

Don't use paper filters. Go back to a mesh OEM-style filter. Is that just oil in the photo or does that have some gum in it? Some oils do not stay mixed with gasoline, a good reason not to go with pre-mix.

Thread Information