Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Can you confirm the 49mph and 55mph numbers, with the incorrect SHO impeller installed on your 2021 FX HO.

Seems to be a rather large difference, so I am wondering whether the dash number was really that far off from the actual GPS s-we’d number.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx225 View Post
    … the 1.8HO engine will peak at 6700 rpm's (55-56 mph) with that SHO prop YS-CD-13/22

It starts and runs great, it just maxes at 49 mph (on the dash) and hits about 6600 rpms…

* previous owner put a ss prop on it (I dont know make or pitch) …

+1
    confirmed, 49-50 is all the dash could get to...the GPS read 55.1mph

I purchased a stock impeller and will have it swapped next spring...

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    confirmed, 49-50 is all the dash could get to...the GPS read 55.1 mph

So the dash reading is completely inaccurate with the incorrect impeller installed.

Engine RPM combined with GPS readings for actual speed are what matters when doing diagnostics.

Even with the correct impeller the dash reading is mostly for entertainment purposes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    So the dash reading is completely inaccurate with the incorrect impeller installed.

Engine RPM combined with GPS readings for actual speed are what matters when doing diagnostics.

Even with the correct impeller the dash reading is mostly for entertainment purposes.
    yes, i'm guessing the mpg will improve quite a bit when I install the stock impeller as well....I just want it all returned to stock... anybody interested in purchasing a lightly used a 13-21 Solas impeller for the 1.8 Yamaha engine?

+1
    Late to the party but wondering about the tune on this ski. It took you some time to find which prop was on the ski, guessing by contacting the original owner. If the prop was swapped, is that all that was done. Personally, I don't understand why they went 13/20 and not 13/18, that's just me though. It could be that the ECU has also been flashed to a different tune. Worth asking the seller exactly what kind of modifications were done to the machine. The deal is done, just for info purposes. So you notice any aftermarket parts on the motor? Different air intake for example? Intake and prop are usually the first mods to be applied, tune is right there with it. Stage 1 kinda upgrade. Just a thought. Beat to get all the info you can on your new machine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnInFL View Post
    Late to the party but wondering about the tune on this ski. It took you some time to find which prop was on the ski, guessing by contacting the original owner. If the prop was swapped, is that all that was done. Personally, I don't understand why they went 13/20 and not 13/18, that's just me though. It could be that the ECU has also been flashed to a different tune. Worth asking the seller exactly what kind of modifications were done to the machine. The deal is done, just for info purposes. So you notice any aftermarket parts on the motor? Different air intake for example? Intake and prop are usually the first mods to be applied, tune is right there with it. Stage 1 kinda upgrade. Just a thought. Beat to get all the info you can on your new machine.
    I appreciate the reply, the machine is 100% stock besides the impeller, I talked to the dealer that installed it and they thought that impeller was installed only because the stock impeller was likely out of stock everywhere at the time and the rider just wanted to get back on the water...Boats.net only had 1-2 in stock at the time I purchased one and every other online retailer was out of stock. I'll have the stock impeller installed in the spring and report back...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information