Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    my 21 tx is stiff since day one, and buddys 21 gtr was stiff also. figured it was normal, but seeing this post im gonna have to tear apart to lube that bushing

Just wanted to clarify that you have to completely remove the column to get to where you grease it?

By chance did you see anyplace that would be good to install a grease fitting so you don't have to take it all apart again?

Also, what is your home lake? I am in Mansfield and always riding the various local lakes and rivers.

Thanks
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    I know, my steering was so slick, it did feel like power steering.
    I also selected the Molykote 111 because of no petroleum and would not be an issue with any plastics or unseen O-rings.
    Glad to help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith7364 View Post
    Just wanted to clarify that you have to completely remove the column to get to where you grease it?

By chance did you see anyplace that would be good to install a grease fitting so you don't have to take it all apart again?

Also, what is your home lake? I am in Mansfield and always riding the various local lakes and rivers.

Thanks
    Joe
    Hey Joe,
    I'm in Benbrook right across the hwy from the lake. I ride all over and travel almost every week to distant lakes.
    You don't have to pull the column out, you just lift it up out of the bushings. No way to install a zerk, its just crappy flexy plastic.
    Once you do one, its pretty easy on the two gen of RXPs that I have done. If you have a ST3 hull, I'm not sure of the work on that model.

+1
    As a follow up on this thread. I had to take the top off my 21 PX to tighten a loose bolt that holds the shiny plastic trim piece on top of the mirror. While there I looked at the steering column again and noticed that most of the XPS grease was missing again. I removed the retention collar and greased it with Molykote 111 like I used on my 18 PX.

I used a cable lube like for a motor cycle and shot white lithium grease all the way till it came out the back.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by j-wadd View Post
    I used a cable lube like for a motor cycle and shot white lithium grease all the way till it came out the back.
    The cable lube may make it easier to reach, but lithium grease especially out of a can will most likely sag too much.
    I doubt that it will stay in place as long as the XPS grease that is clearly inferior to the Molykote 111. Most standard greases are also petroleum based and can damage some plastics. If it drips down on the CM Tech of the new Sea Doo decks, you will may have a stain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information