2015 FZS ride plate and prop advice

Hi guys

Looking for some advice regarding fitment of my R&D ride plate and replacement props .

I have a 2015 fzs svho waverunner and my only mods at the moment are hks bov , R&D rideplate, riva ribbon delete ,riva engine breather

Unfortunately i sucked up debris last weekend and its chipped and buckled my factory prop , i am now looking to change this for a solas 13/20 or better if there is anyone that can advise ?

Also i have a R&D rideplate fitted with 2 washers in each of the 4 bolts with no rubber gasket between and to be honest i can say i am not overly impressed with the setup .
    My top end mph seems to be down against riding the standard plate aswell .

I only ride in fresh water lochs/lakes here in Scotland uk so not too much chop compared to sea .

Appreciate any input fellow fzs owners can give on these issues and open to any further recommendations to what mods i should consider nxt .

+1
    13-20 solas should be good for your setup I was going to recommend a stock rideplate modified by Jim the plate man, until I saw where you live. It would cost an arm and a leg to ship to you. So I would just experiment with moving your fender washers in other combination’s then your using now. Just make sure your plate does not hang below your transom.

Thanks for your response

My R&D rideplate sits above the transom at the moment with 2 washers all round ,
    should this plate be fitted with some form of rubber gasket between the hull and plate like factory ride plate or are washers alone ok ?

I noticed today upon stripping off the jet pump that my R&D plate sits tight to underside of the jet pump with no space .
    Last edited by Scott-gp1300r; 08-15-2021 at 05:28 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott-gp1300r View Post
    Thanks for your response

My R&D rideplate sits above the transom at the moment with 2 washers all round ,
    should this plate be fitted with some form of rubber gasket between the hull and plate like factory ride plate or are washers alone ok ?

I noticed today upon stripping off the jet pump that my R&D plate sits tight to underside of the jet pump with no space .
    I had a 15 FZS and it did not have any rubber between the plate and the hull. What it had was a big thick spacer on each side bolt hole to bolt hole.

I would consider getting a Riva maptuner, great bang for your buck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott-gp1300r View Post
    Hi guys

Looking for some advice regarding fitment of my R&D ride plate and replacement props .

I have a 2015 fzs svho waverunner and my only mods at the moment are hks bov , R&D rideplate, riva ribbon delete ,riva engine breather

Unfortunately i sucked up debris last weekend and its chipped and buckled my factory prop , i am now looking to change this for a solas 13/20 or better if there is anyone that can advise ?

Also i have a R&D rideplate fitted with 2 washers in each of the 4 bolts with no rubber gasket between and to be honest i can say i am not overly impressed with the setup .
    My top end mph seems to be down against riding the standard plate aswell .

I only ride in fresh water lochs/lakes here in Scotland uk so not too much chop compared to sea .

Appreciate any input fellow fzs owners can give on these issues and open to any further recommendations to what mods i should consider nxt .
    That R&D ride plate is slowing your ski down. Go with either a Riva ride plate, or have a stock FZ SVHO ride plate modified by Jim's Performance. The Solas 13/20 impeller will be the proper impeller for you

RIVA Yamaha FZR/FZS Performance Ride Plate

RY21050
    Our new FZ Ride Plate delivers the perfect balance of top speed and improved handling in a variety of water conditions and speeds. Its race bred design features deep channels for improved acceleration and traction in turns. Provides excellent straight-line stability at high speed with reduced porpoi...
    $249.95
    Add To Cart

SOLAS YAMAHA 160MM CONCORD 13/20 IMPELLER

YV-CD-13/20
    The new Solas Concord YV-CD-13/20 blows away the performance of your stock impeller! Large blade area and superior hub design deliver increased acceleration and top speed. This 13/20 variable pitch impeller works great with stock through Stage 2 modifications. ...
    $316.95
    $285.26
    Add To Cart

Jim's Performance Modification To Your 2014-2016 FZR/FZS Ride Plate

JP1600
    This is a conversion service performed to your ride plate. Turn around time is approximately 5 days. Once your order is placed please ship your ride plate to the following address JIM'S PERFORMANCE (order number here) 4802 US ALT 19 PALM HARBOR, FL 34683 ...
    $260.00
    Add To Cart

Do you have email or number to Jim’s

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wetboy View Post
    Do you have email or number to Jim’s
    Jim's ride plate mods can be ordered on this page of the store.
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...index&cPath=78
    If you have any specific ride plate questions please email sales@pwcperformance.com

+1
    The factory FZ has a plate/washer that's metal. Remove that to se the plate up into the pocket. bare plate to hull is not a problem. also can use washers to trim the ski. But as stated do not have the front of the plate hanging below the Transom/grate.

Jims plate will give you the best speed most likely. Not sure why people are scared to ship things over seas. probably 50-70 bucks to ship a plate. I shipped a riva water box to Nigeria this summer and it was 80.

+1
    I shipped a riva water box to Nigeria this summer and it was 80.[/QUOTE]

Did you ship it to one of those Nigerian Princes who are always sending the emails?? Lol!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean_29512 View Post
    Did you ship it to one of those Nigerian Princes who are always sending the emails?? Lol!!!!
    Ha no it was a member of the SVHO facebook page. I got shipping quote, he paid in full for item, shipping and did it as a friend so no going back. and I shipped it took a month but he got it. Messaged me and let me know.

Thread Information