Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Anyone know what size plugs to seal off the exhaust and intake for the leak down. I plan on removing the stinger and sticking a plug in the exhaust pipe end that couples to the stinger. Like like 4-5 “. Haven’t taken it apart yet that’s why I am asking. Also the intake is prolly the equivalent of 44mm I assume. Am I right in plugging it this way?

Update for compression test: 126 in both cylinders. Just bought 2” plugs. They fit in the aluminum plate on the intake Incase anyone was wondering which size was required for the leak down test.

Update for engine leak down test- holding 6psi for over 20 mins with no signs of dropping. Please see picture and let me know if it’s an acceptable way of doing it.

Having a a hard time with the pop off. I could not get the 115g springs to pop as my gauge could only go to 70 psi. Got some other springs and got one to pop at 53 and the other at 65. How should I deal with this. The 95 g spring kept popping at 43 with the 1.5 seat. I’m putting the 1.2 n/s back in and so what should I set my pop off to. I haven’t actually seen a thread that says to set it to such and such a number. There is just a chart that shows what each spring will do. Only info out there is that it’s either 76 or 55 and that’s not definitive enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57F4B4A3-62AF-457C-A5CF-EFA046EDF3F9.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	479379  

Anyone know if it’s the low speed jet that gets used in the RIVA fuel line restrictor barb fitting? I can’t tell where it specifies that but it would seem so since many say just use the stock 90 which would be the low speed main jet.

I got the carbs all set back to stock with the pop offs set as high as my guage goes. One will pop and not leak but the other tends to pop and then leak. I have ordered another n/s.

The arms are set flush with a razor blade.

I took off off the little flap in the fuel pick up. It was slightly warped making it not seat right. Not sure what that piece does but was told to just take it off. Left the screen in place though.

Went to start it and it only took 2 min to get going this time. Now it won’t really idle and it kinda surges. Will bog a bit when flicking the throttle then suddenly rev up. But it will die if I just leave it. All settings stock!

Looking to do the balance mod so if someone could answer that question then I can go ahead and order the parts. Could I use the 92.5 low speed main jet in the riva restrictor since I already have that pilot or do I have to go with the 90.

Thanks

+1
    The jet size would dictate your fuel pressure. A larger jet means lower pressure and vice versa. I’d use the 90 as a starting point.

My question was which jet to use. I figured it out that a main jet is a technical term for a high speed jet and a pilot jet is a low speed jet. For those that didn’t know including my self. So a high speed 90 would need to be purchased and the 90 that comes out of the carbs when a 92.5 is installed will not work because that is the low.

+1
    You need to use the pilot jet (low).
    Last edited by Jonesyfxr; 10-13-2021 at 05:11 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu989 View Post
    My question was which jet to use. I figured it out that a main jet is a technical term for a high speed jet and a pilot jet is a low speed jet. For those that didn’t know including my self. So a high speed 90 would need to be purchased and the 90 that comes out of the carbs when a 92.5 is installed will not work because that is the low.
    Yes, the 90 that comes out of the carbs is a low speed pilot jet, and it is not the correct size (outside diameter) to easily install in the fuel line. A 90 high speed main jet is larger and fits the hose, and you can tap the hose barb inside with threads to screw the main jet into it securing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesyfxr View Post
    You need to use the pilot jet (low).
    No! Please edit this to stop confusing future readers

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information