Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

+1
    I was taught to use a light coating of grease on the gaskets to aid in sealing them. After our carbs were rebuilt it primed in seconds. You may have a slight leak at your fuel line fittings.

Just because a line holds positive pressure it can still leak under vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesyfxr View Post
    I was taught to use a light coating of grease on the gaskets to aid in sealing them. After our carbs were rebuilt it primed in seconds. You may have a slight leak at your fuel line fittings.

Just because a line holds positive pressure it can still leak under vacuum.

Seems like Iike something is going on. Will investigate tonight. I got it in the water and go to take off and in about 2-3 seconds or about 16mph it looses all power and bogs for a second and then goes back to smooth idling. Feels like no fuel. damit. Can’t get this thing right!

Got a question about the little washers that come with the Mikuni kits for the pilot screws. They are much smaller than the originals and are the same for the low and high speed screws even though there is a difference in the screw. Are these an issue and if so what should I replace them with.

Took off the carb and found the carb plate to engine main gasket was the wrong way. It was upside down. Swapped it over but it’s too late I guess. Now I have a major Air leak. Now I need a new gasket just like that. How is that possible!!!!! This thing is going to make me go broke. Still need an answer for the above question. I also tested the inlet and outlet fuel ports and pulse side. If I blow on the pulse line then fuel pumps out the return. I can’t suck back on the inlet side and I can’t push back on the return side. So the check valves are workings. I put all new stronger zip ties on the lines. Started right up but just hangs on the throttle and there is plenty of play in the throttle cable.

+1
    If you use a light coat of grease on everything during assembly you can reuse the gaskets, prevents sticking.

If you use a light coat of grease on everything during assembly you can reuse the gaskets, prevents sticking.
    I took it all apart and put grease where I could. Made a new base gasket. It’s all back together now. Will try it in the morning.

+1
    There aren’t any gaskets for the reed cages. Guys are using, including myself, permatex to seal them up.

There arenít any gaskets for the reed cages. Guys are using, including myself, permatex to seal them up.

Yea thatís what I used

So I got it started pretty quick using the choke. Still a slight air leak but more controlled. I was able to rev it up and witness the power valves opening so we may have some luck here. Note to all that I am using my original cdi. What else might be creating this throttle hang. Bad reeds? Or inside the carb or a pilot screw setting?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu989 View Post
    So I got it started pretty quick using the choke. Still a slight air leak but more controlled. I was able to rev it up and witness the power valves opening so we may have some luck here. Note to all that I am using my original cdi. What else might be creating this throttle hang. Bad reeds? Or inside the carb or a pilot screw setting?
    Is the throttle hanging up or is the ski running away?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information