Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

1100 STX Di KADIAG software update required to access EMM Help

Hi All

I just purchased a 2000 Kawasaki 1100 STX with the Ficht Fuel Injection system, the old EMM had 1 fried Injector driver but was able to communicate with it with KADIAG, I purchased a used working EMM from eBay but can't communicate with the new EMM using KADIAG it keeps telling Software update required to aceess EMM. mind you my old laptop I used died but had the same KADIAG version,

new laptop is a toshiba toughbook with phisical serial port and running KADIAG of a USB stick in DOS

Engine starts and runs with no check engine codes but idles rough

Need to update Injector Calibration to new EMM before I can take it out for a spin

Help

What are my options?

+1
    Most likely the replacement EMM is not for a Kawasaki. I can program EMMs to become the correct version. (At Lakeside Tech)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    Most likely the replacement EMM is not for a Kawasaki. I can program EMMs to become the correct version. (At Lakeside Tech)
    I managed to access the EMM with the injector update program and i decoded the injector matrix codes today I will see if it works.

Thanks

+1
    I assume you mean the Ghost Installations tool? Post a screenshot of the program, it will give me an idea what EMM it is for. FYI, the CEN and PTO injectors need to be swapped when using that tool on a Kawasaki.

+1
    I assume you mean the Ghost Installations tool? Post a screenshot of the program, it will give me an idea what EMM it is for. FYI, the CEN and PTO injectors need to be swapped when using that tool on a Kawasaki.

That's good to know, Thanks

I will take a screenshot of the program and will send it to you,
    also when I put the injector coefficients into the program I noticed that the replacement EMM had a lot more digits in the coefficient table than the current injectors I have on the watercraft.

These Ficht EMM's came from Polaris, Kawasaki, Tigershark, what else had the same footprint?

if it came from a different watercraft will it run properly without a reflash as long as the injectors are matched?

I did notice that the idle is pretty low probably around 600 rpm instead of 1100 as in the manual. maybe prev owner messed around with the TPS.

+1
    I have found significant degradation when running with the wrong EMM version, especially across brands.

Also, I while I may never know for certainty, I strongly suspect that the Kawasaki coefficient scaling is different than the Polaris scaling. In other words, you need an injector of the proper brand.

+1
    I have found significant degradation when running with the wrong EMM version, especially across brands.

Also, I while I may never know for certainty, I strongly suspect that the Kawasaki coefficient scaling is different than the Polaris scaling. In other words, you need an injector of the proper brand.
    I attached a picture of the screen running the 👻 program. I just realized that all the day I entered in the Emm was lost after disconnecting the battery. Can you tell me based on the info provided what is this Emm from? The eBay ad said Kawasaki STX 1100
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210817_204121370.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	477364  

+1
    it Looks like the EMM is out of a Artic Cat Tigershark 1100 Di, no wonder I can't talk to it using KADIAG, the ebay add clearly marked it as a working Kawasaki 1100 STX emm.

I guess I'll have to figure out what is causing my original EMM's 5V supply to be sagging at 4.02V even though I replaced C89, next culprit to check is the voltage regulator, I assume it's the LM2574HV and related capacitors. Hopefully I can get it to work again

It originally had a bad IGBT for the #3 injector defective and both tantalum caps on the rectifier board where shorted.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by aksor71 View Post
    … EMM is out of a Arctic Cat Tigershark 1100 Di … ebay add clearly marked it as a working Kawasaki 1100 STX emm.

I guess I'll have to figure out what is causing my original EMM's 5V supply to be sagging at 4.02V even though I replaced C89, next culprit to check is the voltage regulator, I assume it's the LM2574HV and related capacitors. Hopefully I can get it to work again

It originally had a bad IGBT for the #3 injector defective and both tantalum caps on the rectifier board where shorted.
    Repairing these Ficht EMM properly requires quite a lot of specialized knowledge. Especially if you want the repaired EMM to be reliable over time.

There are a host of little things that should be checked, some of which can require a microscope and knowing what to look for.

Lakeside Tech knows how to do the repairs and upgrade certain components that are known to fail, even if they have not failed (yet). And he can re-program your Tigershark EMM to the correct firmware for your Kawasaki.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3140018

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Repairing these Ficht EMM properly requires quite a lot of specialized knowledge. Especially if you want the repaired EMM to be reliable over time.

There are a host of little things that should be checked, some of which can require a microscope and knowing what to look for.

Lakeside Tech knows how to do the repairs and upgrade certain components that are known to fail, even if they have not failed (yet). And he can re-program your Tigershark EMM to the correct firmware for your Kawasaki.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3140018
    I get that but I spent enoughy $$$ already on this stupid thing and so far didnt even get a chance to ride it at all. I don't want to waste anymore money on it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information