Thread: 2013stx15f

2013stx15f

looking for a little help, 2013 stx15f shuts down like the anyard was pulled, either at idle or on the gas. The issuue is intermittent. It can restart several times and run or a few minutes then shut down againuntil it shuts down for hours and then cycle starts all over again. Pulled and inspected most connections plugs and pins, replaced both temp sensors, swapped the folloing with known working parts. Battery,tip over sensor, eco, added an extra ground from battery to block, ohmed out cam position sensor, crank sensor, and what i belive is the stator,( three white wires),cleaned and tested kill switch, checked the fuse in the little yellow block next to the rectifier, ohmed coils, still no results. Not sure what the "main relay' does but i have not replaced it yet. I can confirm that while its in the failed mode I have no spark. Fuel pump is making noise.

+1
    If you figure it out let me know so I can keep my "15 STX-15F from doing this! Mine started stalling when the throttle was returned to the idle position. I had the idle air control motor replaced and this eliminated the symptom for the most part. I occasionally get a stall with throttle applied but it is very rare so I live with it. I wish I could give you more advice.

sure will

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Does it do it in rough water, smooth water, or both?

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Does it do it in rough water, smooth water, or both?

Sean
    it does it in rougfh or calm waters and will even shut down while on the hose

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by blue line View Post
    it does it in rougfh or calm waters and will even shut down while on the hose
    Ok so it is probably not something getting shocked loose. It could be vibration related though.

Does it seem to happen more when the engine is warm, cold, or no difference?

Sean

initially it only did it after running 10-15 minutes so i thought somthing was overheating, but at times it will sit for hours and still not start , just turns over, then ill try to start it a few minutes later and it starts and runs fine. last week it satrted and i took it out for 20 minutes with no issues, got it back to the dock , flushed it, sat for 2 hours then it wouldnt start. I checked and again no spark. Somthing is killing my spark intermittently. Most times it will start when its cold but not always. question, what does the main realay do? can it kill spark?

Thread Information