+1

Exclamation Ok I need yalls help. I'm completely stuck 2003 gtx 4tec

Yall!!! I have Googled YouTube I have searched and done everything I can think of but cant figure this leak out. I have a 2003 4 tec seadoo, there is water coming in the back somewhere??? I have taken alot out put it in water and i can see water coming in but still not 100% where. It comes in even if it's not running. And it's down low but in the rear. It's not rushing in but it's enough to see its moving.Could it be the siphon hoses? If so how to fix? This has a super charger and runs amazing but I'm so worried I'm going to get water in the engine. I get out on the water for about a hour, water level stays about the same but gets hottt!!! So it makes my trip short. What do I do? I'm so new to this i have not a clue. Any guidance from yall would be amazing. Even tried filling haul up quite a bit tilting it back and nothing.
    Last edited by Jmadison; 08-03-2021 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Spell issues.

+1
    Have you ever ran it or if a previous own ever ran it on a trailer with no hose attached for a few minutes? Melted or damaged resonator. Its plastic and will melt..

+1
    It's the damn OPAS tubes. Pull all that crap off and install the blockoffs.......problem solved. I use the aluminum ones. https://www.ebay.com/itm/30405917800...cAAOSwuWxg5nT6 The early 4tecs and Di machines have a closer bolt hole pattern on the inner parts. I just use a carbide in the dremel and egg the holes inward. To see if that's for sure your issue, block the wheel jack to get the nose up, start filling up the hull with water until it's just above the driveshaft bellows inside. You will see where the water is leaking OUT......which means that's where it's coming IN.

+1
    It's the damn OPAS tubes.

I have a photo of where water is coming in and the seadoo guy on phone said that hose should go to the engine but I see no place to plug it in? Does this hose plug in? It's not even long enough to reach the engine. He said it was the coolant. I ran it in the water and water was sputtering out of this black hose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1014425782714170.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	476903   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_4310256475697128.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	476904  

+1
    We also put water and nothing came out. I swear this this just doesnt want to work with me.

+1
    That hose you are holding appears to go to the opas on left hand side of ski. Even though the top part is caped off, the plastic housing that you capped off still has up down movement and o-rings inside. If it's in wrong position or o-rings are bad it will let water in the system. On the inside of the ski that blocked off valve has 2 hoses connected to it. You can see it in the pic where you are holding the hose. If that hose was hooked up to the opas you probably would never know anything was wrong. But since it came loose water dribbles out slowly as it's not a big leak yet.

Disconnect both top hoses at that location put in water and look for water exiting both nipples. If water does come out of them then plug them also and problem solved.

In your photo you are holding hose #43 from the following diagram. https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/se...isted-steering

Hook hose #43 to fitting #15 if you want to use Off Power Assisted Steering (OPAS), or not.

If you do not want to use OPAS disconnecting hose #34 is the best way to prevent leaks.

]This should solve your problem.

I had a leak here too and had to change the valve.

The OPAS system works under pressure from the pump. So when the pressure rises it seems water gets past your plugged part and enters a broken t-valve that only lets water exit on the left side.

IT happened to me. I changed the t-valve and left the opas connected with a DIY OPAS block up. Meaning my OPAS say in the up position regardless of water pressure. It fixed the leaks. Get a new t-valve back there.

Thread Information