Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

Need Advice: Dealer says ECU bad? Oil light & limp mode. Lots eliminated.

My move would be to not pay a nickle of labor on the regulator replacement if they want you to pay for that

While it would burn a bridge forever, dispute the charge on the credit card if that doesn’t do it…a well documented complaint to seadoo should do the trick

If they had the engine out (I doubt that) and had the pto off changing the regulator is a nothing burger and the symptoms you describe puts any competent tech right there, especially if we make the common assumption that the sensors failed (again)

You observe an oil pressure problem by running the engine with the physical gauge attached it ain’t rocket science. My little tiny shop in a little tiny town can run any seadoo out of the water for as long as need be

This is akin To checking somebodies blood type before a transfusion

That ecu is pretty much unobtaium you should be able to fully recoup the cost by selling it

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    My move would be to not pay a nickle of labor on the regulator replacement if they want you to pay for that

While it would burn a bridge forever, dispute the charge on the credit card if that doesnít do itÖa well documented complaint to seadoo should do the trick

If they had the engine out (I doubt that) and had the pto off changing the regulator is a nothing burger and the symptoms you describe puts any competent tech right there, especially if we make the common assumption that the sensors failed (again)

You observe an oil pressure problem by running the engine with the physical gauge attached it ainít rocket science. My little tiny shop in a little tiny town can run any seadoo out of the water for as long as need be

This is akin To checking somebodies blood type before a transfusion

That ecu is pretty much unobtaium you should be able to fully recoup the cost by selling it

Good luck
    Exactly my thoughts 🎯 I'm sure the service manager gave the Tech a piece of his mind after our phone call. Why not replace the Regulator even if it appears good?? It's a wear item...and they knew the supercharger left and ran fragments through the PTO and ruined the mag. That's why we replaced it. All it takes is for a small piece of debris to score the Regulator so it hitches up and doesn't open or close properly. I would think IF they had the motor out to change the PTO knowing debis ruined it...they would have automatically replaced the ONE THING that could cause an oil pressure light to come on. Seems text book to me.

As far as the ECU...I've got $750 in it and not to worried about resale if the seller from Ebay doesn't take the return, though we discussed just that before I pulled the trigger on it. Rare bird so an easy sell if need be.

I will be dropping the Seadoo off Tuesday for the Reg replacement...I'll keep you all posted. Hoping they treat me right. I told them I'm in the Market for a new Seadoo and was waiting for inventory because there is none at the moment. If they treat me right I'll definitely be buying from them.

+1
    Given the circumstances it would be a really bone head move not to treat this as a comeback knowing the cost of a boomerang would far exceed the day pay of the tech thatís going to have to pull the engine

Iíve had to use this argument a few times

Sears folded after three attempts to repair a Samsung reefer that was under contract

Got full credit against a new kitchenaide and three year service contract refund

As we say:

Hold the line

Itís always a buyers market

+1
    And?ÖÖ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information