+1

Can the Lucky 13 pump cone be used without additional pump mods?

Got my Lucky 13 pump cone and the instructions recommend changing the pump exit nozzle to one of Riva’s larger pump nozzles. I get a lot of cavitation during holeshots and the engine bumps the rev limiter multiple times on full throttle take off. Is it a bad idea to install the Lucky 13 without the additional pump mods the instructions recommend?

+1
    You only need to open your nozzle up if your RPM is too low after installing the cone. You can also depitch your impeller slightly. If you choose to open up your nozzle this is easily done using a 3" 80 grit flapper sander on a drill.

+1
    Thanks Jerry. I did see that option on the Lucky 13 instruction sheet. I did also notice that Riva offered a pump nozzle with various exit ring adapters of different sizes. Just wondering if anyone was able to run the Lucky 13 with th stock exit nozzle on a stock ski with just the MaptunerX and a Riva intake grate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandini View Post
    Thanks Jerry. I did see that option on the Lucky 13 instruction sheet. I did also notice that Riva offered a pump nozzle with various exit ring adapters of different sizes. Just wondering if anyone was able to run the Lucky 13 with th stock exit nozzle on a stock ski with just the MaptunerX and a Riva intake grate.
    I’m using the lucky13 cone on my GP with a 13-18 solas and Gen 2 intake grate plus the FZ exit nozzle which is 2mm smaller. That combination is pretty awesome for eliminating cavitation. Oh also have the 160 transom too, you have to eliminate the siphon bilge tube for the cone to fit. Just JB the hole after removal

5. +1 by:

Thread Information