2021 FX SVHO Limited - Oil Level and Fuel

Hello Everyone,

Do you know if Yamaha ships new PWC with oil or does the dealer put the oil in?

I made a post a month or so ago when I performed the 10 hour and I took out 3.5l and replaced 3.5l but noticed it was reading basically at the max line still. I'm wondering if the dealer puts the oil in? I made sure to use a level before checking the dipstick.

I ran it like this for about 5 hrs and in my paranoia just took it out to check the filter and the intake pipe that runs from box to supercharger. The intake pipe had a light residue on it but nothing major. There was nothing in the Filter box. I ended up taking some oil out so I'm interested to see at the end of the season if that same residue is in the intake pipe with oil reading near middle of min/max. Regardless, it was so minimal that I doubt I would even notice any major loss in performance....let alone a charger or intercooler issue for a long time. I don't want to start anything with my dealer but just curious if anyone knows if the manufacturer or dealer puts it in.

One more question....I've been using 93 octane from the get go. If I go to 91 octane will I notice any significant performance difference? I know the manual and ski say minimum 91. I do love to launch so I'm wondering if that's where I would see the difference.

Thanks.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Do you have an aftermarket engine/ECU tune?
    If not, the SVHO engine provides 100% of rated power with 91 octane.

More octane does not provide more performance unless the engine tune is changed to take advantage of the extra octane.

If you have the stock tune then there is significant performance gains to be had with a tune. And further gains with an impeller upgrade.

For the current FX hull there are some mandatory handling upgrades necessary when the engine power is increased. Around 73mph the stock current generation FX hull gets squirrelly, so a ride plate and some other changes are highly recommended. This was not the case with the pre-2019 * FX hull.

* I think the FX hull change year was 2019

Awesome, Thank you.

I don't have a tune currently so I will save a few bucks and go with the 91 octane.

If I do decide on a tune what are the recommended upgrades for handling other than the ride plate. I figure the sponsons but anything else?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinglork View Post
    Awesome, Thank you.

I don't have a tune currently so I will save a few bucks and go with the 91 octane.

If I do decide on a tune what are the recommended upgrades for handling other than the ride plate. I figure the sponsons but anything else?
    The new FX hull seems to be a tricky hull to tweak/modify. It is different from the prior FX hull generation.

I do have not yet had a chance to ride the newer FX hull. Others have posted comments in various threads on how it rides/handles and what changes had what effects. A recent threat was specifically discussing sponsons.

Intake grate and impeller would be the other elements that affect performance and handling.

+1
    I have a 2019. Added mods this year.

67.8 mph stock with Riva Power Filter

70.2 mph with low oct (91) stage 1 Riva tune

72 mph add ride plate. Handling LOTS better!

74.6 mph added Riva Top Loader intake grate

x mph with 93 octane tune. I have no top speed numbers yet….expect 75 to 76

It pulls WAY harder than stock

Did you install the ride plate yourself? I've read that you have to adjust the plate with washers to get it right or else excessive bouncing at high speed.

Thread Information