Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I went back and checked ste service manuals and it turn out that the ops changed from normally open to normally closed from 2005 to 2006 and the part number 420856533 dose show to be correct tho I am not sure why it did not appear correct on the fitment guide. I do apologize I spoke off the cuff without checking first I am looking into what to check next.

2. +1 by:

Pro

thanks for this confirmation, just came from Sea Doo dealer service, we scaned the codes, cleared the codes. Again we tried start up engine then unplug oil peassure sensor as service manual says and it still shows oil warning p1520! So only thing probably left is that ECM is bad, and only way to test this is to buy new ECM which is not cheap.
    Probably will bring ECM to electronic repair shop to test it. As I see it only solution at this point.

Hi mate!

Your problem is you are using incorrect oil sensor

4tec 02-06 need oil sensor 420856530 or 420856538 (last part number)
    4tec 07-21 need oil sensor 420856532 or 420856533 (last part number)

Like you said one model is normally switch open and another closed

5. +1 by:

Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    thanks for this confirmation, just came from Sea Doo dealer service, we scaned the codes, cleared the codes. Again we tried start up engine then unplug oil peassure sensor as service manual says and it still shows oil warning p1520! So only thing probably left is that ECM is bad, and only way to test this is to buy new ECM which is not cheap.
    Probably will bring ECM to electronic repair shop to test it. As I see it only solution at this point.

If you want test it correctly:
    1) you have to remove conector from sensor (open switch) and put key on dess
    2) Push start buttom and quickly put sensor conector to ground permanent ( close switch)
    If work this your sensor is 420856538

if this dont work do it reverse:
    1) sensor conector to ground (closed switch) and put key on dess
    2) Push start buttom and quickly remove sensor from ground (open switch)
    If work this way your sensor is 420856533

If no work any one check you wire continuity between sensor conector and ecm conector A-6

Just did exactly what you said, and also checked continuity from OPS conector to ecm conector A-6. Still same problem Oil warning p1520

Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    Just did exactly what you said, and also checked continuity from OPS conector to ecm conector A-6. Still same problem Oil warning p1520

If really you are checked all that and still have the problem probably ecm problem... maybe if you have a friend with same model you try another ecm

After carefully reviewing the testing procedure i believe i understand how it works on starting and idle the ecu is looking the ops to be grounded then as rpm rises the ops should open breaking the ground showing that it has oil pressure. To fool the ecu disconnect the connector from ops then ground the connection, then raise engine rpm just before it reaches 3300 rpm disconnect the ops ground and rev above 3500 rpm to confirm, no code should appear proving ecu is good.

+1
    There is an oil pressure switch and oil pressure sensor, are you replacing the correct one? It's the sensor not swich

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    There is an oil pressure switch and oil pressure sensor, are you replacing the correct one? It's the sensor not swich
    Same part depends on what parts book you look at the name changes on a whim but it functions more like a switch more than a sensor. Oil pressor sensors read psi, oil pressure switch only detects if pressure is present "on/off like a switch".

By the way, when i bought this jetski (two weeks ago) i put it in water and it was giving this warning, then i started jetski like ten times and after that i was riding it like for two hours without any issues, warnings... So sometimes it was ok without warnings. Then I replaced sensor with same exact part number as it was when i bought it (420856533)

Today i gave ECM to electronic technician and asked to open it and check inside, pin A-6 and other things(corosion Etc..) maybe he will find something. i will update you on this

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information