battery flat in one week

Hi, I took a week long trip and haven't started my 04 stx 900 in about 9 days. I turned the key off and the battery had a full charge. Today I get to the lake, and bam. Nothing.
    no bendix, nothing. radio silence. It ran great on the last run. Take it home, battery reads 9 volts on the trickle charger. literally brand new battery, $110. Is this normal for skis? again, the battery key was off. I'm hoping the battery isn't toast, but that seems very fast to lose all charge. My motorcycles, quads, and mowers can go over a month without being on the charger and start right up.

If this is common on older skis I guess I'll just have to remember to remove the negative before taking a break. If not, I have the joys of chasing down a parasitic draw. Thanks.

+1
    Defective battery or something wrong. It should last a couple of months on a full charge.

Do you have a GPS, electric bilge pump, etc.?

Could be water in a harness connector. Kawasakis are bad about getting water in the plugs and corroding.

nothing fancy like that. my money's on the wiring, as I went digging around and there was tons of water in the wire protectors. going to grease all the connections and see if that helps

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    possible regulator defect. easy test for a draw is to put a 12v test light in series with the battery hot lead. If it lights up when everything is off wither the regulator has a short or the ecu isn't shutting down unplug the regulator to confirm or further isolate. cleaning waterlogged connectors is step one. How are those brittle as all get out white plastic connectors on your electrical vault looking? Might be worthwhile to pop the top and have a look inside to "confirm conditions", water in the ebox is a messy job

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    And?……

Was gone for another week, this time I unplugged the negative, and the battery was fine. I highly suspect my fried gauge cluster has something to do with it, as once the warning light would not go away with the engine and key off. (The warning light was for gas). Don't have the money to fix it so I'll just roll with it honestly.

Thread Information