what to do with the low oil warning when switching to premix gas on Kawasaki 1100?

I installed the block cap on my 1997 Kawasaki 1100 STX instead of the oil pump. I also want to drain it from oil and remove it. What should I do with the oil tank gas level connector, so that the warning will stop showing up on the gauge? Worst caase scenario, I'll keep the oil tank with a some oil but i believe there is an easier solution, like shortening the gauge oil connector plug. Thank you.

+1
    Unplug it.

when you unplug the connector the red warning light turns on and it is quite irritating and not safe to see this warning light all the time.

+1
    Damn! Wrong again. Guess I'm getting too old for this. I just answered a guy with a Yamaha with the same problem and on that there is only a simple switch. On the Kawasaki, it actually measures resistance when the floats move. Of course, the service manual is worthless about what the resistance should actually be. It does say that it takes 10 seconds or more for the display to respond, so you may try that. You might try different resistor values across the plug to see what results you get.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    check the resistance across the sender with the floats in the up/full position that should give you the value.

6. +1 by:

Im not talking about the oil sender failure, im talking about removing the oil tank and keeping the system from sending the warning signal of low oil level on the gauge.

+1
    Iím pretty sure TMiller is suggesting you measure the resistance of the sensor with the float in the full oil position. Then remove the tank and sensor and install a resistor (of appropriate value) across the sensor wires.

From the look of the sending unit, the more oil is in the tank, the higher is the float, the lower is the resistance. I saw on YouTube somebody just shortening the plug connectors using a paper clip. Or just cutting the wires and connecting them. But I would hate to do this, since it leaves no option to return back to the original oil pump, in case next owner would like that.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    black tape

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    I guess first verify that jumping the 2 wires will shut the light off. If that works you could either find a junk/cheap kawasaki part with the same oil tank side connector and jump that out or you could slide the pins out of the connector and buy new pins re-install to make a jumper.

Thread Information