+1

Question 20í VX Cruiser No Wake Mode not activating.

20í VX Cruiser no wake mode wonít activate. Itís only got 10 hours on it, what gives? Anyone else ever run into this issue and find the fix?

Make sure you are in forward, doesnt work in neutral and you cant be giving it any throttle when you activate no wake mode.
    Last edited by gsxr1300; 07-28-2021 at 08:03 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr1300 View Post
    Make sure you are in forward, doesnt work in neutral and you cant be giving it any throttle when you activate no wake mode.
    Also, often, you have to hold down the button for several seconds before it engages.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr1300 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bizeagle View Post
    Also, often, you have to hold down the button for several seconds before it engages.
    I have tried all of the above, I've tried many different variations of holding the button for different amounts of time, trying it in forward and neutral, idling or 5 mph; absolutely nothing pops up the dash regarding no wake mode...

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wfirst View Post
    I have tried all of the above, I've tried many different variations of holding the button for different amounts of time, trying it in forward and neutral, idling or 5 mph; absolutely nothing pops up the dash regarding no wake mode...
    Does Cruise mode work?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Does Cruise mode work?
    The up and down arrow buttons to pick your desired speed? nope, those donít do anything either.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Does Cruise mode work?
    Quote Originally Posted by wfirst View Post
    The up and down arrow buttons to pick your desired speed? nope, those donít do anything either.
    The Cruise and No-Wake functions and switches are always installed together. Each model will have Cruise and No-Wake functions or neither.

I have been experimenting with adding Cruise and No-Wake to my 2017 GP1800. The switch assembly is installed and the wiring added to the wire harness. At the same time I measured how the switches and wires work.

There is a resistor inside one of the switches. The ECU senses the presence of the resistance between the switch pins at the ECU and enables both Cruise and No-Wake functions. If the resistance is not sensed then neither of the features is enabled.

Look for a disconnected or corroded wire connector. There is one connector near (under?) the handlebars for the Cruise switch assembly and then the large connector at the ECU

Can you confirm the Cruise and No-Wake functions previously worked on your machine?

+1
    The Cruise and No-Wake functions and switches are always installed together. Each model will have Cruise and No-Wake functions or neither.

I have been experimenting with adding Cruise and No-Wake to my 2017 GP1800. The switch assembly is installed and the wiring added to the wire harness. At the same time I measured how the switches and wires work.

There is a resistor inside one of the switches. The ECU senses the presence of the resistance between the switch pins at the ECU and enables both Cruise and No-Wake functions. If the resistance is not sensed then neither of the features is enabled.

Look for a disconnected or corroded wire connector. There is one connector near (under?) the handlebars for the Cruise switch assembly and then the large connector at the ECU

Can you confirm the Cruise and No-Wake functions previously worked on your machine?
    cannot confirm whether or not the functions worked. I am the second owner, I got it with 2.3 hours. Will look for those wires.

Thread Information