Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    i found the bearings for the balancer for less than $10 so iíll replace them, and on ebay the one way clutch is $100-150 so as long as i can get them on and off the crank i should be good. does this ski have a check valve between the balancer and the piston like in the case?

+1
    Yes, there is a check valve in the case behind the flywheel.

+1
    So, the balancer gear bearings are bad? And the starter clutch as well? Was the oil level in the front balancer chamber OK when you disassembled it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FL_Rider View Post
    So, the balancer gear bearings are bad? And the starter clutch as well? Was the oil level in the front balancer chamber OK when you disassembled it?
    i forgot to check the sight glass before i pulled the starter, but i noted that there wasnít much oil coming out of it when i pulled the starter. do you think that could be a cause for the issues iím having? i mean it makes sense if there was supposed to be oil and there wasnít

+1
    Low oil could definitely be a problem. How much came out when you took off the front cover?

Looks like rear piston seized mildly where they just stuck anothe piston in and sent it on its way.Those 150s like all two strokes have oil line failure and it will if not already, Rebuild it, install new oil lines, purge them and enjoy it,The only bad thing about ultra 150 is the straight line wobble where they refuse to take a set!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FL_Rider View Post
    Low oil could definitely be a problem. How much came out when you took off the front cover?
    only enough to fully soak a single bounty paper towel, definitely think low oil was a part of the problem, if i remember correctly he said something about a new starter since one got burned up getting the water out.

+1
    Yeah, maybe they lost the oil when they pulled the starter. Are there traces of oil in the hull? Even though, I think more than one paper towel's worth should have remained in that front chamber after pulling the starter. Maybe there's a problem with the pump, the line, or the check valves.

+1
    i think they probably forgot to add oil up front when they pulled the starter, i took the crank out and split the cases ect, rear balancer is trashed it got full of water and ruined the bearings, but balancer bearings are relatively cheap to replace. the crank still seems fine no play in the rod bearings, the slightest bit of play in the mains but it seems even across them, not really like a bearing got wiped. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5640.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	476843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5643.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	476844

+1
    On the bright side, it looks like you got to it before the crankcase got ruined. What's the gray stuff near the rear balancer chamber? Is that water and oil mixed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information