Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    spins both ways with starter installed, has resistance and makes a noise going the wrong way though, iíll try to attach a video again. iíll get the ski into the actual garage soon and pull the motor, iím definitely checking the counter balancer bearings to make sure they are ok while iím figuring out whatís up with the starter clutch/bendix. if yíall have any suggestions on where to get parts for that lmk. iíll take pics and upload them once i get this thing apart. https://youtube.com/shorts/rql1PChojKQ?feature=share

+1
    got the engine pulled out and pulled the heads, 1&2 the wash looks lean to me, correct me if iím wrong, and 3 has some minor scoring, not sure if i need to replace it or not yet. also thereís three big holes underneath the air box, were those always there or did someone add them? iíll try to attach pics so yíall can see what iím working withClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5605.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	476624Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5604.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	476625Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5603.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	476626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5602.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	476627

+1
    I think you're right on the mixtures. Those holes don't look like any I've seen before.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    was the battery in good condition?

+1
    Those holes in the airbox are from a Skiworx mod. They will cause it to run lean, plug them.

6. +1 by:

+1
    battery was in good condition, found the issue in the one way clutch, and the beating for the counterbalancer is junk al gonna split the cases and continue, basically the one way clutch has a spot in it where it skips a lot, similar to a broken ratchet wrench. cylinder number three also has a different piston which is odd. this engine was apparently an sbt engine, but from what i understand it was fine when it was running and didnít seem off in any way. current plan is to make sure itís just the clutch and that one bearing gone bad and then fix that and assemble the engine back properly with the little things done to make sure itís gonna be a solid motor. anyone know where i can get a replacement for that one way clutch and where to get a replacement bearing? thank yíall! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5610.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	476629

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    I was going to ask how long you have owned this thing. Was going to say looked like the last owner stuck #3 -put a new piston it in and sent it on its way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jakber View Post
    battery was in good condition, found the issue in the one way clutch, and the beating for the counterbalancer is junk al gonna split the cases and continue, basically the one way clutch has a spot in it where it skips a lot, similar to a broken ratchet wrench. cylinder number three also has a different piston which is odd. this engine was apparently an sbt engine, but from what i understand it was fine when it was running and didn’t seem off in any way. current plan is to make sure it’s just the clutch and that one bearing gone bad and then fix that and assemble the engine back properly with the little things done to make sure it’s gonna be a solid motor. anyone know where i can get a replacement for that one way clutch and where to get a replacement bearing? thank y’all! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5610.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	476629
    Looks like your counterbalancer gear is off a tooth too. Dots are off a tooth

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Looks like your counterbalancer gear is off a tooth too. Dots are off a tooth
    that was my bad i just put it back real quick so i could take a picture to remember where it all went and forgot to align them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TMiller View Post
    I was going to ask how long you have owned this thing. Was going to say looked like the last owner stuck #3 -put a new piston it in and sent it on its way.
    i think a different mechanic from before did that one and charged him for a top end cause thatís what he told me is that it had a new top end, im gonna figure out what brand of piston the other two are and replace it with that and iím debating replacing the cylinder or not, depends on if i can clean it up easy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information