Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by aperxp View Post
    Took the fuel pump assembly out and everything looks normal. Not gonna waste time here, I'm replacing the pump, since they're not expensive, as well as the oem plastic pickup tube with submersible fuel hose.

Seeing how simple the internals of the regulator are I don't see how fuel warming up could affect the spring enough to drop pressure so much to cause close to 1 AFR point change.
    Glad that all checked out and changing the fuel pump for a new one. Your data log shows max rpm as 9400? Is this with stock injectors and stock fuel pressure reg?

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Your data log shows max rpm as 9400? Is this with stock injectors and stock fuel pressure reg?
    That was just a unhooking spike, rev limiter is a bit lower. VT1100 and aeromotive regulator.

+1
    That was just a unhooking spike, rev limiter is a bit lower. VT1100 and aeromotive regulator.
    Good injectors and reg.

I'm nearly out of ideas but, have you recently changed the ignition timing in your tune? The log shows some very high numbers.

At 14 pounds of boost, using a reference line on the regulator shouldn't be necessary with the VT1100 injectors. Try it, check it out!

Lastly, what fuel is used?

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Good injectors and reg.

I'm nearly out of ideas but, have you recently changed the ignition timing in your tune? The log shows some very high numbers.

At 14 pounds of boost, using a reference line on the regulator shouldn't be necessary with the VT1100 injectors. Try it, check it out!

Lastly, what fuel is used?

Timing is standard maptun map, I only touch the WOT cells. I'm not using a reference line for the regulator, no issues with fuelling at WOT only this end of long day AFR spike weirdness. Gasoline on this day was fresh 93 octane.

If new pump, and in tank hose change, doesn't fix this I dunno what the heck is up.

+1
    Timing is standard maptun map, I only touch the WOT cells. I'm not using a reference line for the regulator, no issues with fuelling at WOT only this end of long day AFR spike weirdness. Gasoline on this day was fresh 93 octane.

If new pump, and in tank hose change, doesn't fix this I dunno what the heck is up.
    Is there any chance that you can top up on fuel when it does it? I have seen it before when fuel gets lower it sloshing around and aerating the fuel

Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    Is there any chance that you can top up on fuel when it does it? I have seen it before when fuel gets lower it sloshing around and aerating the fuel

The end of day log screen shot was done with 3 bars of gas, my gauge is accurate. When I took the pump out yesterday there was still lots of gas in the tank, enough to fully cover the pump. I was also going on glass water and holding the throttle in one spot so it was a very smooth ride.

+1

I have the Dash Pac module installed in my ski in order to view actual boost, AFR, engine temp, Intake manifold temperature (IMT) and more on the dash display while running as well as logging it all for later review. Typically when just cruising around, at idle (after warm up) and full throttle, IMT is displayed at 89-90*F.
    However, once the engine is shut down the IC heat soaks sending IMT up to 120*F upon restart. It takes a few minutes after starting the engine for IMT to return to 89-90*F. As such I have seen minor changes in AFR's, but not a whole point of afr.

Have you reported this situation to MartunerX/Jesus at Riva.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information