2001 1100 stx di display not working and in limp mode

Hello,

I have a 2001 Kawasaki 1100 stx di. I've recently had the emm repaired, replaced the fuel pump, fuel level sending unit, oil pump and hoses, crank position sensor, battery, and spark plugs. It has ran great all summer but
    the display has been giving problems. The speedometer would sometimes get stuck and the battery warning would come on but it was charging fine. Now the display has completely died and it seems to be in limp mode. I'm wanting to know if it's going into limp mode cause of the display not working and if so does anyone know where I can get one? Also will displays from different models work? Thanks

+1
    Welcome aboard, Jw!

The display should not cause limp mode. That indicates an overheat condition. Check that you're getting water out the pisser.

Not unusual for the battery light to come on when everything is normal.

Make sure you look into the cooling mods for the EMM.

Ok thanks. It has water coming out the pisser. I don't know what it should look like though. At idle it just trickles out slow and full throttle it comes out faster but not like I'm used to seeing on other boats.

I hooked it up to kdiag when I got home and it has a code 35 (low oil level). The oil is full and the wiring appears to be good. It also says that it could be caused by a bad sensor or multifunction meter. So I'm thinking it has to be the display causing it. Does anyone know where I can get a display or how to bypass it? Can I cut the wire from the sensor and splice it to the wire coming out of the display sending it to the emm. Or does the display convert the signal from analog to digital.

+1
    I would NOT cut any wires or anything like that.

There are lots of 1100 DI 'Skis out there that have been scrapped because of EMM problems, so there should be plenty of parts available. Check Ebay.

Thread Information