Gp1300r running wierd

SO AFTER SOME WORK. AND A GOING OVER. THE 2007. 1300R IS. still not on point wot is. almost a bogging. issue and still sounds like breaking up at other rpms. new plugs. fresh 93 fuel. starts. runs. all warnings cleared out. any ideas ? thx d. to be clear. no cat. d plate. amsoil intercepter all the time owned. no other real mods. good compression per my mechanic. no sure on fuel pressure. no code /warnings. etc. but def. breaking up. like a miss. sputtering. 140 hrs or so.
    Last edited by dalouie2; 07-24-2021 at 03:05 PM.

+1
    Seriously? You did 'some work' on it and now it's running weird and we're supposed to diagnose it from that?

well sorry had exhaust leaks in water box areas. and was addressed . also was throwing a warning code had the exhaust system removed and checked for sand clogs or other. all this seems to be back in order. but now. still running erratic any ideas of things to check ?

+1
    The first thing to check on any 2-stroke is the spark plugs. Check that the plug wires are on the plugs securely. If so, try new plugs.

Try running it with the choke halfway out. If it improves, you have a fuel system problem. Try a new fuel filter. Don't use a paper element filter, use a mesh style (like OEM). After that, inspect the fuel lines and pulse line for kinks, splits, loose ends, etc. Next check the fuel pickups inside the tank, then it's time to tear into the carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    The first thing to check on any 2-stroke is the spark plugs. Check that the plug wires are on the plugs securely. If so, try new plugs.

Try running it with the choke halfway out. If it improves, you have a fuel system problem. Try a new fuel filter. Don't use a paper element filter, use a mesh style (like OEM). After that, inspect the fuel lines and pulse line for kinks, splits, loose ends, etc. Next check the fuel pickups inside the tank, then it's time to tear into the carbs.
    you bite the ops head off and you come out with this.

To be clear. Fuel injection. Checked plugs for spark at each. All firing. New plugs are installed. Now I checked the spark with a old plug to check fir fire before the plug as in through the wires. Each one. All three are good. Unit firs rt up. But is breaking up at throttling as. Written in first post. Still Ongoing. Pulled ski this mor. Drying out after a full rinse. And vacuum all water in Bildge. So for the running. Erratic. Issue Iím still puzzled. Thoughts ????

+1
    You're right. I forgot those were fuel injected. Sorry.

In that case, you would need to verify that all the injectors are spraying, and check the fuel pressure. I'm sure that there is a fuel filter in the system, but I don't see one in the parts diagram.

All the Yamahas that I've worked on were carbureted, so I can't tell you much more than that.

Perhaps Wild Thing can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    You're right. I forgot those were fuel injected. Sorry.

In that case, you would need to verify that all the injectors are spraying, and check the fuel pressure. I'm sure that there is a fuel filter in the system, but I don't see one in the parts diagram.

All the Yamahas that I've worked on were carbureted, so I can't tell you much more than that.

Perhaps Wild Thing can help you.

yes still looking reviewing. also found water leaking around intake grate dried it out today ad then took to local ramp before retuning to home state for further service. clearly coming in forward area of grate. are they difficult to disassemble remove and replace ? the grate that is. still need to solve the performance issues. and will check injectors. etc. thx. for helping. im handy and this is new territory. but im learning every day and season. I've had this ski 13 years plus. minimal issues. Yamaha's are tough no doubt. all salt water use sadly for mine. but im learning more and more on care and maintanance ... still 13 plus. I recently bought a 2015 fxho 4 stroke 1800. nice ski for sure

+1
    Never had the grate off of a Yamaha. Most of my Yamaha experience has been with their jetboats.

+1
    If its leaking from the grate area you may have a cracked pump tunnel. Are the PV's functioning properly? Should cycle open and closed about 3 seconds after you shut off engine. If not, disconnect cables and manually open them while riding it to see if it improves. Plug wires...check each one at a time, pull off while riding and see if the problem gets worse or stays the same. If it stays the same you may have a bad plug wire. JetSki Solutions sells new wires for the GPR, about 80 bucks a set.

Thread Information