Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

10-4
    sorry

on the 1st ski the gage read zero. I disconnected and reconnected verified the shrader was working and it still read zero with it running, is that possible? or do you think it is the connection of the tester. i connected tester to 2nd ski and pressure is 20psi so I am concluding the regulator fell off

sounds like I should pull both tanks and do the pressure regulators, agree?

+1
    All regulators will fall off. The engine will run with zero fuel pressure since there is still fuel circulating through the injectors. Running at WOT without the regulator will burn a hole in the piston.

okay so I checked fuel pressure on ski #1 and it was zero. pulled the pump assembly and found out that the last guy thought it was good idea to just leave the pressure regulator out when he replaced the fuel pump. also he broke off all but about 1/4 of an inch of the return barb just stuck the hose on with a gear clamp.I found the old pressure regulator so i can use it,but i need the new port piece with the three at the top because that return barb is broken.I pushed it through the grommet in the top,I just need a replacement to install.

i will take care of the oil tank sensor as you said.
    I need a link or directions on how to fix the reverse linkage, both ski's have this issue.

i pulled the second ski fuel pump assy and everything was in order,even the pressure regulator is still intact. this ski tested at 20psi when idling.this #2 ski would idle fine and then bog down when I gave it throttle as well.

I also wanted to ask if its okay to test the fuel pump on ski#1 for the amp draw on the bench. can i just connect 12 batt supply to it and let it pump while checking amps?

thanks again.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    How to repair a stiff/jammed Reverse lever on Virage, MSX, Genesis with reverse lever

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...l=1#post792982

+1
    PWC #1: Stickies are your friend: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=290767

Utilize this alternate procedure to work around the broke off nylon nipple. Fill the broke off nipple with silicone RTV to seal it off.

You can check the current draw of the fuel pump while on the bench. It does need to be under a load (pumping fluid) and pumping against the pressure regulator. I'd suggest you pull the pump from the canister and connect the regulator to the output hose. There are polarity marking adjacent to the terminals on the pump body. I place the pump in a small bucket partially filled with mineral spirits. Gasoline is just to explosive and you'll be utilizing clip cords connecting the pump terminals, which can inadvertently spark and set off an explosion. Do not use water as the pump test fluid. You'll destroy the pump.

Check the pump intake screen for foreign material while you have it out.

Be sure to reinforce the fuel pressure regulator in PWC #2.

+1
    Bogging down with throttle can be due to a bad TPS. If you have one ski that starts and revs without issue, you can swap the TPS. If you need a replacement, contact me.

I did not see any fuel filters in line on either ski. Is this something I should get and install?
    I did tps swap on both machine with a new tps and there was no change in ability to rev up when giving throttle

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jankeyman View Post
    I did not see any fuel filters in line on either ski. Is this something I should get and install?

Additional filters are not necessary. The fuel canister has a pre-filter, which is replaceable. It can be sourced from Summit Racing: Carter STS-200. The pump. itself, has a very fine intake screen which can be removed and cleaned. These two provide adequate filtering.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jankeyman View Post
    I did not see any fuel filters in line on either ski. …
    Ficht fuel pump has the filters in the bottom of the pump housing, inside the fuel tank.

There are three filters.
    Large pleated ring filter.
    Inner disc filter.
    And a mesh screen inside the actual pump motor bottom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information