How to tell if svho supercharger itself is bad

Ok so I have a 2016 fx svho and I thought my clutch was bad since I was losing rpms so I put a new one in unfortunately that wasnt the problem after water testing. It sounds like my supercharger is hissing big time when I give it gas and there is hardly any power at all. I checked all the hoses and they are attached and tight. I have deans welded shaft in the supercharger so that little bearing isnt walking inside. What else inside could have let loose? This thing has been a pain in the butt trying to figure out why there is no boost and this hissing sound. Could it be the gen3 intercooler blow off valve? I think its my supercharger but I have no idea now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    You may have answered your own question…..if BOV isn’t closing you won’t get boost.

Anyway to block it off and test?

Figured the problem out. I didn't get the hose far enough on throttle body when I replaced it. It was leaking air. I am an idiot and just installed a new clutch for no reason. LOL At least I got some practice.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinsgrule View Post
    2016 fx svho and I thought my clutch was bad since I was losing rpms. It sounds like my supercharger is hissing big time when I give it gas and there is hardly any power at all. I checked all the hoses and they are attached and tight.

... What else inside could have let loose? trying to figure out why there is no boost and this hissing sound...
    Figured the problem out. I didn't get the hose far enough on throttle body when I replaced it. It was leaking air.
    Slipping supercharger clutch does not hiss.

It is difficult to check the J hose where it connects to the throttle body from the intercooler.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2873423

5. +1 by:

+1
    Figured the problem out. I didn't get the hose far enough on throttle body when I replaced it. It was leaking air. I am an idiot and just installed a new clutch for no reason. LOL At least I got some practice.
    LOL, U think your a idiot? I’m a idiot, I replaced my clutch Friday with the new 21 clutch put it all back together ready to rock n roll for Saturday then realized I forgot to install the 2 button head bolts!! UGH, Had to do it all over again

Dang that sucks! When my first clutch went out at 75hrs on my 2016 I put a new one in without changing those 2 bolts. It seemed to run fine while I don't know if this 2 button bolt was recommended back in the day or if its just something they found out later.

+1
    Dang that sucks! When my first clutch went out at 75hrs on my 2016 I put a new one in without changing those 2 bolts. It seemed to run fine while I don't know if this 2 button bolt was recommended back in the day or if its just something they found out later.
    The button head bolts for chain tensioner are only needed when installing a revised 21 clutch on previous year skis,

Thread Information