Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashrockwell View Post
    Not decked just checked and cleaned.
    I don't know if you posted this but what supercharger are you going to run and what is your target rpms? Just curious of what boost you'll be at. I wouldn't exceed 18 psi on pump 93 at that compression, thats kinda your limit.
    I'm putting together a motor now with 9.5-1's, it will only be spinning 8300 @15 psi on 93. Built a few of these and they are fun!

+1
    Which year ECUs were your builds using for tuning? He does have a different cam.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    Which year ECUs were your builds using for tuning? He does have a different cam.
    I always ran Rotax racing ecu's on my 06, 08, 09 and 10. High comp pistons in each build and those were my skis. Built a number of customers skis same way

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    I don't know if you posted this but what supercharger are you going to run and what is your target rpms? Just curious of what boost you'll be at. I wouldn't exceed 18 psi on pump 93 at that compression, thats kinda your limit.
    I'm putting together a motor now with 9.5-1's, it will only be spinning 8300 @15 psi on 93. Built a few of these and they are fun!
    Just running and X charger with a et137 wheel. I'll ask for 8650 limit. After doing a math 9:5:1 pistons with 15 lbs of boost is equivalent to 8:4:1 with 18 lbs of boost. So when the boost ain't on the 9:5:1 would be faster, it seems. Or more power.

+1
    Just running and X charger with a et137 wheel. I'll ask for 8650 limit. After doing a math 9:5:1 pistons with 15 lbs of boost is equivalent to 8:4:1 with 18 lbs of boost. So when the boost ain't on the 9:5:1 would be faster, it seems. Or more power.
    Your problem is going to be tuning it to run safely with a 06 siemens ECU and modified CAM with maptunerx.. As I stated, You can't see timing with the maptunerx with a siemens 06 ECU which means you don't know if timing is really changing in anyway. If you can't see timing with the maptunerx then Riva can't tell what timing is. Its about performance right?

+1
    Any updates yet?

What up! So I got it running with a stage 3 9000 RPM tune for the siemens ecu, but haven't been able to rev it yet. Just started it. You can see my first start on my Instagram @casualrapgod. Look for a gas pumps video. I mixed 5 gallons of 100 octane with 10 gallons of 91 to make 94/5 octane.

So, I've pulled this engine about 3 times since this last post. First, I forgot to tap my exhaust manifold for a afr gauge. So I pulled it and got that done. Then I put the engine in an noticed leaks from the 160 thermostat mod, so I had to pull it again. Fixed that, went to start it this morning and she fired right up on the hose. Ran it for about two minutes. Shut her down. Tried to fire it back up and it would not crank correctly. It tried to crank and gave me a funny spinning noise. I could tell the spinning noise was not from the most interior part of the engine. I called my guy and he said it sounds like a bendix problem. If so I gotta pull the engine again, open the pto and change the bendix. If this is the case, I am wondering how/why this happened? I made sure my thrust washers and disk spring were in place etc. What ever. This is not a big deal to me but I want to make sure this is the problem before I go in the engine again.

I starts right up when its cold. Once it heats up and I stop it, it will not crank right again. At most two rotations before it give me this weird spinning sound.

I actually took it to the river today to no avail.

Ok, it appears one can run 93 octane with 9:5:1 pistons. I'm on my second breakin cycle and its running fine. Just working with Jesus from Riva on the tune. He sent me two tunes for my build. One had afrs at 14 in the mid range lean, and the other 11 Mid range afrs hella rich. It ain't his fault tho, I can't offer enough data without a data logger for fine tuning. I'm just riding, looking at the gauge and remembering the rpm at each afr.

The problem I am having; This kit requires 60 PSI of fuel pressure but that is too much gas for my machine. IF I take her to 40 PSI she gives me idle afr in the high 12s for my first tune, but the rich tune give me idle of low 11s even a scary 10 at idle. When it got that bad, my afr gauge would not even return to 22 when it turned off the engine, it hovered about 14 afr with the engine off. Too much gas. This is all at 40 psi. It just wont start at 60 psi even though this stage 4 kit requires it. Crazy..

AS for breakin, I did two soft cycles with 10-40 Valvoline motorcycle oil. First hour was to 4000 rpms. Second hour to 6000 RPMS. I am not doing a third cycle with this oil. I will put in sea-doo oil tonight and will run her to 90% throttle tomorrow. Then she getting banged out...

thanks for all the help

+1
    Ok, it appears one can run 93 octane with 9:5:1 pistons.
    AS for breakin, I did two soft cycles with 10-40 Valvoline motorcycle oil. First hour was to 4000 rpms. Second hour to 6000 RPMS.
    Any fuel is safe for 4000-6000 Rpms.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information