Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    I kinda know how You feel. I always own a pair of skis and chose a '19 Fx Svho to pair up with my '16 T3 Rxpx. While I don't race, I do see some pretty sloppy water much of the time. Without bashing the FX hull too much... let's just say it was a huge disappointment for me in the rough- pretty much a wet, pounding ride.
    I sold it after only one season and got myself a '21 PX, and am surprised at how well this thing eats up the slop. I have not ridden a new GP, but the only way I would recommend one to someone (or myself) is if they were a flat water rider only- I just don't see it handling chop better than an FX. It really should be no surprise that the GP would wind up being easily faster than the current Sea Doo offerings... flat hull on flat water makes for easy speed.

+1
    P.S. Some good advice on avoiding SD carbon seal issues is insuring proper engine alignment (even on a brand new ski). Fwiw, I had to add a shim to my '21 to get it right... my buddy bought the same ski and his was lined up right out of the box... I had never seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Engine Guy View Post
    OK you are the first person I have ever heard say this, and I am talking about people that own both and ride both all the time --> Jerry Gadis is one, Kevin Shaw is another but I have found him super painful to talk to.
    I was really searching for people who have experience with both because I have never even seen a Yamaha where I ride unless it is 10 plus years old, it is seadoo country x 10. It is so hard to find anyone with an educated view that is not riddled with some stupid bias with crap like your comment that you hope it doesn't sink Seadoos are pretty well the only PWC's we have were I live yet I have never ever seen one sink.

I really wanted to know how they handled in the world of tight turns and tracking in chop. I know my 2015 260 RXPX is a blast to rip tight turns with but it does require your full attention in chop or you will likely get bucked off at high speed.

Care to explain your point more. I am a bigger guy at 6' 4 1/2" so I really consider that aspect too.
    Sorry I hurt your feeling stating Sea-doo's sink.
    I unfortunately have seen them sink on multiple occasions you are very lucky to never see one go down!
    Though I know the ones that did sink, did so because of poor maintenance..
    The reviews are good but they kinda stop were they show that the RXP is by far the superior ski.. thats how i look at them now any ways.
    Previous to the 21 RXP and GP, The GP had the advantage of being faster so if you could get out in front you could just go for it.. though if you ran into dirty water prepare to get chased down...
    Now with the 21 RXP and GP they are the same speed with prop and tune or very little in it.. not like previously years.
    Add the ergonomics and handling advantage of the RXP.. good luck if you are on a Yamaha if your not crossfit olympics fit ..

I am near Calgary
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke1.8 View Post
    Sorry I hurt your feeling stating Sea-doo's sink.
    I unfortunately have seen them sink on multiple occasions you are very lucky to never see one go down!
    Though I know the ones that did sink, did so because of poor maintenance..
    The reviews are good but they kinda stop were they show that the RXP is by far the superior ski.. thats how i look at them now any ways.
    Previous to the 21 RXP and GP, The GP had the advantage of being faster so if you could get out in front you could just go for it.. though if you ran into dirty water prepare to get chased down...
    Now with the 21 RXP and GP they are the same speed with prop and tune or very little in it.. not like previously years.
    Add the ergonomics and handling advantage of the RXP.. good luck if you are on a Yamaha if your not crossfit olympics fit ..
    No hurt feelings at all, just tired of this brand bashing crap, it is just like you said (Poor maintenance) or !!!!!! It is just so easy to talk crap about every single brand there is.
    All I wanted to know is your actual views and info without the other stuff but I guess you will be you. But explain this, out of all the results there are still almost no Seadoo's in any of the results. If they were so good why are they not winning? <---- Actual true question.
    https://p1aquax.com/venue-results/2021/US

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I rode a stock 21. I have a 2017. My 2017 has riva ride plate gen 2 grate and sponsons. I didn’t feel anything on the 21 was better than what I currently have.

+1
    Not sure where all these SeaDoo sinkings are but they sure aren't up here where I am and this is SeaDoo land. I have never seen anyone sink nor have I seen anyone have a carbon seal failure on water, ever. From all the possible things that can break carbon seal is the last thing on my mind. The only time I think about the carbon seal is when I'm running on the trailer.

Now, there is some stupid stuff you can do that for sure will cause issues down the road. On a recent ride some guy decided it was a good idea to get on his ski on the parking lot, start it and have his buddy drive him like that to the ramp. From the time the ski started to the time it hit water was probably 3 minutes. Was impressed that smoke didn't start coming from under the seat, exhaust is too hot to touch after about 15 seconds of running without water.

Quote Originally Posted by Engine Guy View Post
    No hurt feelings at all, just tired of this brand bashing crap, it is just like you said (Poor maintenance) or !!!!!! It is just so easy to talk crap about every single brand there is.
    All I wanted to know is your actual views and info without the other stuff but I guess you will be you. But explain this, out of all the results there are still almost no Seadoo's in any of the results. If they were so good why are they not winning? <---- Actual true question.
    https://p1aquax.com/venue-results/2021/US
    Oh yeah dude, im really bashing the the Sea-doo brand by purchasing the new RXP after racing/owning every GP1800 variant.
    Im sorry I couldn't deliver the context of my explanation in the format specifically tailored for you.

Try looking at the results of Aqua bike or other closed Corse racing, IJSBA, Kings Cup, Aquacross is not the only form of jetski racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    I rode a stock 21. I have a 2017. My 2017 has riva ride plate gen 2 grate and sponsons. I didn’t feel anything on the 21 was better than what I currently have.
    First thing I thought also when I rode the 21 compared to my other GP's.
    Its great until you get in choppy/messy water. Just my opinion though at the end of the day.

first off i owned 3 GP 1800 in total 17+18+20 MY. I rode an 21 Gp and an 21 rxp in between 2 weekends and i need to say also that i dont like the new GP as well... ski is still cavitating ad this one was stock.
    21 rxp is the best handling ski on the market.. when someone kill an carbon seal and sink the ski it is the riders fault because of overheating while flushing wrong or jumping waves...

i got all rxp 215+255+260+300 in the last 10 years and i do not had a single problem with an carbon seal.

Last Weekend i was at the IJSBA EURO FINALS.... and take a look to the results... yamahas had no chance in allmost all clases againt the new rxp´s. it is what is it....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information