Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    +1
    Lol, u can seriously drill the hole for the thru fitting with the pump in?? Haha I’m not putting a hole in my hull without like quadruple checking things and that pump gotta be out my way!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund View Post
    Lol, u can seriously drill the hole for the thru fitting with the pump in?? Haha I’m not putting a hole in my hull without like quadruple checking things and that pump gotta be out my way!
    Absolutely, I have a small 5/8 paddle bit in my smallest Dewalt drill and it worked great. I was able to place the hole per the instructions and everything was fine.

+1
    UPDATE ON BUILD

I finally got the intercooler and cooling kit upgrade done and man was it a job. The Riva instructions are good and easy to follow. That being said you are still going to have to be creative and have good mechanical skills and tools. Everything lines up well and the parts are good quality. A few things to note for the 2021 skies that riva failed to think about.

1. I don't think this is just for 2021 skies but I will throw it out there. You do not have to remove the pump to install the cooling kit. A small drill with a small shanked 5/8" bit is all you need.

2. The engine bay is slightly different and the instructions should reflect that, which leads me to my next and biggest flaw.

3. The intercooler mount will NOT fit in the 2021 skies without being modified. In the 2021's the fuel tank has been moved more toward the rear and the mount if not modded will, A. Hits the fuel tank, HARD. B. If you did somehow manage to get it to work, it would in a short time rub a hole in the fuel tank its so tight up against it. I have a photo below of how I fixed the issue. It basically needs to be moved back 1/2" or so to get clearance. Even after I moved it back its still very close and difficult to get the lower main hose on.

RESULTS:
    I took the ski out after I flashed it to stage 2 and I was amazed at the difference. First run on GPS was 85mph but my rpm's on the dash were very high. Im hoping when my PET2100 comes in I am still 8500 or less.
    I did some pulls from idle and no cavitation or bounce at speed. The power never faded off like it used to either. The ski now runs 80mph with ease and throttle left! I am very happy. Detailed mod list below.

10/18/21
    2021 GP1800r SVHO, 20hrs. All Riva parts: Intake, Exhaust "still using factory hole", ribbon delete, 13/20, breather mod, Gen 2 ride plate, stage 2 Maptune, power cooler kit, intercooler with blow off valve.

Full tank of 93, 60* air, 70* water, 175lbs rider, trim up. GPS 85mph & guessing by the dash 8600rpm.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP - 1.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	479715  

4. +1 by:

+1
    Very cool, nice to have that info for my build…u just elongated the bolt holes to offset to the rear and that was all you needed? Glad to hear 85 mph, I’m hoping to be there +1-2 more. I’ll have to contemplate the riva exhaust, I went back to stock and will probably sell my worx. See how I like the stage 2 at stock exhaust, most people seem of the opinion exhaust isn’t doing much for performance, mostly just aesthetic.

+1
    glad you saw some gains, and are posting results and info for others. 60 air temps are on the cooler side for me. I normally don't ride unless 60 or warmer. and with hea you see 3-4mph drop as heat and humidity comes up.

but like everyone else,. we all post the bests! if its consistently in the 85 range which I am sure it will as you will dial in a few more mph.. and then have a always 85+ ski.

+1
    Yes, just had to drill it out. According to greenhulkl jr if you had a 13/18 with stage 2 you will probably hit 90mph. I'm happy with 85mph. For now

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    glad you saw some gains, and are posting results and info for others. 60 air temps are on the cooler side for me. I normally don't ride unless 60 or warmer. and with hea you see 3-4mph drop as heat and humidity comes up.

but like everyone else,. we all post the bests! if its consistently in the 85 range which I am sure it will as you will dial in a few more mph.. and then have a always 85+ ski.
    Yeah 60* is a little cold but I couldn't wait to test it. lol. I should have a few more 75* days to test but I hate to push it without knowing the true RPM's. PET2100 won't come in until the season is over unfortunately.

+1
    I need to spring for a PET and see how it is vs my cheaper tac

Where and how much did you find them for? any good deals?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    I need to spring for a PET and see how it is vs my cheaper tac

Where and how much did you find them for? any good deals?
    ONLY place I could find mine was eBay. All pretty similar at about $210, I tried to find the one with best seller and shortest time combo. It’s about 2-3 weeks shipping, coming from Japan. No one seems to have them in the States

+1
    Care to link it? Also I keep wondering is there any way to hard mount one, I cant find a good pic of the back. I like that my cheap one has 2 scree holes, so its hard mounted....

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information