Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    +1
    Just got an email from Riva stating my cooling kit will be here tomorrow so hopefully if all goes well I will be able to install it on Sunday. I did order the "Jim's cut" but still really undecided on which plate to send off to get cut. Some say stock and some say Riva so I'm a little lost. I have the Riva on now and running 76mph on a stage 1+ agr tune, was 78mph on the stock plate. I am going to go out today and try the stock 8800 just to see if there is a difference before I switch to stage 2. I keep you all informed!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post
    Just got an email from Riva stating my cooling kit will be here tomorrow so hopefully if all goes well I will be able to install it on Sunday. I did order the "Jim's cut" but still really undecided on which plate to send off to get cut. Some say stock and some say Riva so I'm a little lost. I have the Riva on now and running 76mph on a stage 1+ agr tune, was 78mph on the stock plate. I am going to go out today and try the stock 8800 just to see if there is a difference before I switch to stage 2. I keep you all informed!
    If it was me i would send stock plate have it cut for speed then your riva plate would be great for rough water or if you wanted to ride more aggressively

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryonjodinolan View Post
    If it was me i would send stock plate have it cut for speed then your riva plate would be great for rough water or if you wanted to ride more aggressively
    Thats what I am thinking too. Thats what most people have said also so stock plate it is!

+1
    Nice. My current set up as of today is: Engine breather upgrade, power filter with pre filter which you need, exhaust "not through hull", 13/20 solas, ribbon delete and stage 1 plus tune. Getting 79mph but after it warms up 77-78.

I do my own work and I do a lot of wrenching around but I want to warn you about the ribbon delete. Its a pain to do but can be done in an hour or so. You will need a Dremel Tool with a sander head and router bit. The instructions say take a sharp knife and cut out the tab but thats total BS, no way you can just cut it out. Thats why you need the router bit. Also make sure to remove the injectors before cutting and you will need an air compressor to blow out the debris. I gained 1mph with this mod and I honestly don't know if its worth all the cutting and wrenching on our new 20k skies. lol

I have a riva intercooler with blow off valve and the cooling kit coming so I am sticking with my 13/20 for now. I am needing more rpm so Im hoping the intercooler will get me there. My goal is 85mph but I really don't want to do valve retainers.

Please let me know how the get 2 plate and intake grate treat you. I'm looking for top speed out of my machine so any advice helps. Thanks
    Good thing you did ribbon delete they have been failing

+1
    And so it begins, intercooler and cooling kit! I read through all the instructions and this is going to take a while. I hope its worth it!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP - 1 (1).jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	479627  

6. +1 by:

+1
    You are only seeing 76 MPH with the full Riva stage 1 plus kit? Intake, engine breather, solas and the tune? That seems very slow.

on the stage 1 plus on my 21 GP, I am seeing 82 mph consistently with the 8500 agr tune. On the 8700 agr tune I get 84-85 MPH.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R S View Post
    You are only seeing 76 MPH with the full Riva stage 1 plus kit? Intake, engine breather, solas and the tune? That seems very slow.

on the stage 1 plus on my 21 GP, I am seeing 82 mph consistently with the 8500 agr tune. On the 8700 agr tune I get 84-85 MPH.
    Are those GPS numbers or dash? Which prop are you turning, 13/20 or 13/18, I'm assuming 13/18. If your turning 8700 with out valve retainers be careful! RPMs need be 8500 without retainers. I'm running a 13/20 turning 8200 when cold. Last run I did with a 1/4 tank and before heat fade I hit 81mph. I am installing the Riva intercooler as we speak though.

+1
    UPDATE on the intercooler install.

Everything is going well and fairly straight forward. I learned you do not have to removed the pump assembly to install this kit but it states you do. That being said I was looking at my old impeller and found a seal of some type stuck to the OEM impeller, see photos. So I guess I will have to remove to pump after all, lol. The ski has ran fine but slower than others according to everyone else. I plan on reinstalling this part but I wonder if its damaged anything? I'll keep you updated.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP - 1 (2).jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	479697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP - 4 (1).jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	479698   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP - 2 (2).jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	479699   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP - 3.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	479700  

+1
    Just curious, if you think you don’t need to remove the pump, does that mean you are not installing the pro cooling kit? Seems impossible to install without pump out… Ofc you don’t need the pro cooling kit if you’re just adding the intercooler without going stage 2.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund View Post
    Just curious, if you think you don’t need to remove the pump, does that mean you are not installing the pro cooling kit? Seems impossible to install without pump out… Ofc you don’t need the pro cooling kit if you’re just adding the intercooler without going stage 2.
    I am installing the pro cooling kit and Riva intercooler with blow off valve. I'll put the link below. I saw now reason to have to pull the pump. All you are doing back there is put in the billet stainer and drilling a hole. Neither one required me to remove the pump. However I will have to pull it anyways because I left out that seal/washer when I put the impeller in the first time.

https://rivaracing.com/i-24081641-ri...grade-kit.html

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information