Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    +1
    Guys,

I added the Riva engine breather to my GP. I watched a couple videos, but the videos are older models and have different brackets where the engine cover mounts.

How are you guys tying the filter and hose to the top of the engine? under the cover? to the side of the cover?

Thank you

i noticed the exact same thing with my 21 GP HO,i ended up laying the breather hose on top of the air intake hose and ziptie in place.the new breather filter is very close to the fuel tank

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund View Post
    Just rode tonight after adding a Worx free flow exhaust to my setup…gotta say, I’m not a big fan, fairly annoying drone thru 2500-5000 rpm, gotta be going near 45 before it subsides. My first inclination was to take it off and put stock back on
    Man I hate to hear that you don't like it. To clarify did you do just an exhaust pipe, rear exhaust or the entire thing including water box? I did the riva exhaust, just the pipe using the factory exit hole and it sounds great. Definitely not the loudest but it sounds nice. What are your speeds before and after?

Also do you recommend the Riva gen 2 ride plate? Speed increase? I have about the same mods minus the ride plate and intake grate and I'll see 80mph then 77-78 when it warms up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDroneRacer View Post
    Guys,

I added the Riva engine breather to my GP. I watched a couple videos, but the videos are older models and have different brackets where the engine cover mounts.

How are you guys tying the filter and hose to the top of the engine? under the cover? to the side of the cover?

Thank you
    I put mine back under the cover and its very clean. I will send a pic when I get home.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund View Post
    Just rode tonight after adding a Worx free flow exhaust to my setup…gotta say, I’m not a big fan, fairly annoying drone thru 2500-5000 rpm, gotta be going near 45 before it subsides. My first inclination was to take it off and put stock back on
    Man I hate to hear that you don't like it. To clarify did you do just an exhaust pipe, rear exhaust or the entire thing including water box? I did the riva exhaust, just the pipe using the factory exit hole and it sounds great. Definitely not the loudest but it sounds nice. What are your speeds before and after?

Also do you recommend the Riva gen 2 ride plate? Speed increase? I heard the gen 2 intake grate will slow you down. I have about the same mods minus the ride plate and intake grate and I'll see 80mph then 77-78 when it warms up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post

Also do you recommend the Riva gen 2 ride plate? Speed increase? I heard the gen 2 intake grate will slow you down. I have about the same mods minus the ride plate and intake grate and I'll see 80mph then 77-78 when it warms up.
    I left water box stock, added worx free flow going out factory hole in hull, only changed the coupler. I didn’t notice much top end speed, perhaps a tiny bit of extra pull…my prop is too tall, I finally got my PET tach hooked up, and only turning 8160 RPMS. I hit 80.7 pretty consistently top end. I put on ride plate and grate at only 8 hours so I’m not really able to compare, not on stock very long. I will say it seemed to bounce a LOT more with the gen2 plate. I’ve been advised to shim the back end with some washers I’ll be trying that. I do have everything but cooling kit for stage 2, so I’m trying to consolidate and do everything all at once, and pitch prop when I have stage 2 installed. Trouble is, I’m near out of ride time here, getting cool fast.

+1
    Thanks. I just ordered the ride plate. Going to hold off on the intake grate because everywhere I look it says you will loose speed. I have the same mods including the 13/20 and rpms are about the same. I have an intercooler with blow off valve setting in the basement just waiting on the cooling kit. Have been for months now. I'm hoping after the plate and intercooler I will get a consistent 85-86. I'd like to do as much as I can without doing the valve retainers. Can you elaborate on the "coupler"? Also more info on your tach would be awesome. Thank you.

the coupler I refer to is the factory 90° coming off the hull is replaced with a very short straight piece by Worx. The hose then goes from water box to that new “coupler”. The tach I have now is the PET 21000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OPPAMA-PET-...-127632-2357-0

I’ve everything except the cooling kit sitting waiting to install for stage 2, retainers included. I just was reading a post earlier where Jesus from Riva recommended a stage 2 @8600 modified tune for adding intercooler, since it could tend to lean out stage 1 tune.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDroneRacer View Post
    Guys,

Thank you
    Sorry the pics a little hard to see. The hose and filter fit right under there very nicely and super clean. Works great with no cutting or mess.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP - 1.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	479181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP - 2.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	479182  

Nice hulk

Sorry the pics a little hard to see. The hose and filter fit right under there very nicely and super clean. Works great with no cutting or mess.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    Nice hulk
    Thank you sir, good eye. I have a weak spot for Submariners. Lol

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information