Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dean's Team Vs Riva

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the ECU reflash. I want to do one or the other. Cost is not the issue nor is the sending the ECU off.

Also is it possible to tune the ski up without changing the impeller? I'm not looking to go with any more mods than a stage 2.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ross5575 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the ECU reflash. I want to do one or the other. Cost is not the issue nor is the sending the ECU off.

Also is it possible to tune the ski up without changing the impeller?
    I'm not looking to go with any more mods than a stage 2.
    What model and year?

Stage 2 typically involves multiple hardware upgrades.
    What hardware charges are you intending to do?

+1
    the impeller is one of the most important pieces. That’s the grip and final
    Drive sort of speak. It’s like adding power to a car and not adding better tires for grip. Also, tweaking the pitch will effect the peak rpm win in will directly effect the skis performance. Get the prop! Between Dean vs riva. You will hear different opinions. Both will require certain parts within a stage two. I personally have used Dean since day one and I have no complaints. He’s a great guy and answers all questions you’ll have along the way. Upgrading in the future would be easy to do if you wish.

Also is it possible to tune the ski up without changing the impeller? I'm not looking to go with any more mods than a stage 2.

I want to start with just the reflash and air intake. I guess my question was is one reflash better than the other?

If you plan on leaving your ski at a stage 2 and not modifying it later definitely go with dean. His tunes are more powerful and ik you donít care about cost but it is half the price. If you think youíll keep on changing the setup drastically then go with riva since you can change the tune as many times as you want for no additional cost. This is just my 2 cents and in case if your wondering I have a deans tune on my ski.

Thank you

+1

I want to start with just the reflash and air intake.

I guess my question was is one reflash better than the other?
    2012 - FX SVHO or GP1800R SVHO?

The Riva MaptunerX is once price for access to all of the tunes, and you can change between tunes as often as you need. Takes a few minutes.

If you are going to Ďwork your way upí to Stage 2 by starting with Stage 1 Plus (in Riva terminology, the air intake upgrade means you would want the Plus version of the Stage 1 tune) then you may prefer the Riva system. If you later change the impeller to allow higher RPM or install an aftermarket intercooler then you can change the tune again to match.

The tune must match the current hardware configuration of the engine, not the other way around.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3131020

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3134114

+1

Just an fyi. If you dont want or feel the need to purchase the maptuner, Riva also offers mail in service which if roughly same cost as dean team

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamafzs View Post
    Ö Riva also offers mail in service which if roughly same cost as dean team
    My understanding is that if you later buy the MapTunerX device the purchased Ďmail-iní tune license is transferable so you can then change tunes yourself later.

11. +1 by:

+1
    I also have Dean’s tune and I couldn’t be happier, if you have any questions he will personally answer them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information