Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1

How to disable Drive Control for maximum performance, Yamaha Touch screen

Did you get the display to not have the words "Drive Control" on it? In normal mode?

Like if you go out to your ski right now, and wake up the dash, does it say Drive Control on it? Did you figure out how to make those words go away?

I will explain:
    there are three buttons. there is the selector that you move stuff around with, I'll call those north east south and west, and there is "ok" button, and "back" button.

When you wake up the dash, it's on the home screen, in the middle on top.
    Press "east" until you get to Drive Control. Then press "south" to go in and select what setting you want.
    Then "south" again to "save".

This activates Drive Control, And the dash says so when on Home, and when you are moving on the water.
    Drive Control restricts power no matter what setting it is on.

To get rid of Drive Control, repeat what I said to do before, but do not select "save".
    Instead, either:

A. Give it throttle, which will take you back to home automatically, and without Drive Control activated.

or

B. Select the "back" button, and go back to home.

Now Drive Control is not activated.

You can do all this without the ski running.
    Last edited by K447; 07-13-2021 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Thread title - Bravo for posting this

+1
    ďDrive ControlĒ was displayed and your awesome directions showed me how to take it off. Stunning! I am cautiously optimistic this could be it. There hasnít been a person at the dealer, Yamaha corporate or myself that has thought of that. I think it would be a simple mistake anyone could make because if it says speed is HIGH and acceleration is NORMAL, youíd be getting everything the machine has to offer. I will try to get it on the water later tonight and see what happens. I can reasonably see why having ďdrive controlĒ on could limit things a little bit. Iíll report back.

Quote Originally Posted by anton74 View Post
    Did you get the display to not have the words "Drive Control" on it? In normal mode?

Like if you go out to your ski right now, and wake up the dash, does it say Drive Control on it? Did you figure out how to make those words go away?

I will explain: there are three buttons. there is the selector that you move stuff around with, I'll call those north east south and west, and there is "ok" button, and "back" button.

When you wake up the dash, it's on the home screen, in the middle on top. Press "east" until you get to Drive Control. Then press "south" to go in and select what setting you want. Then "south" again to "save".

This activates Drive Control, And the dash says so when on Home, and when you are moving on the water. Drive Control restricts power no matter what setting it is on.

To get rid of Drive Control, repeat what I said to do before, but do not select "save". Instead, either:

A. Give it throttle, which will take you back to home automatically, and without Drive Control activated.

or

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yammi View Post
    if it says speed is HIGH and acceleration is NORMAL, you’d be getting everything the machine has to offer.
    Yes. I agree with this. I assumed same as you.

Plus, who wants to dink around with this stuff when there is a fun machine to RIDE! I can see how a new owner would not spend much time/effort figuring out the not intuitive ways to turn off drive control. I STILL haven't tried all the DC settings, and I've been riding 50 hours now. I do like to use DC "slow", as a psudo-cruze-control (43mph/5800rpm), but wish there was actually a slower setting than that.

Another thing I figured out, is if you have a warning alarm, press "ok" to shut it up, then, "ok" again for the display to tell you what the warning is FOR. (50 hour maintenance in my case)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yammi View Post
    “Drive Control” was displayed and your awesome directions showed me how to take it off. Stunning! I am cautiously optimistic this could be it. There hasn’t been a person at the dealer, Yamaha corporate or myself that has thought of that. I think it would be a simple mistake anyone could make because if it says speed is HIGH and acceleration is NORMAL, you’d be getting everything the machine has to offer. I will try to get it on the water later tonight and see what happens. I can reasonably see why having “drive control” on could limit things a little bit. I’ll report back.

lol, I’m pretty sure I mentioned drive control several days go, but glad you found the problem

5. +1 by:

Sub'd. I need to try this also.

Quote Originally Posted by anton74 View Post

I will explain: there are three buttons. there is the selector that you move stuff around with, I'll call those north east south and west, and there is "ok" button, and "back" button.

When you wake up the dash, it's on the home screen, in the middle on top. Press "east" until you get to Drive Control. Then press "south" to go in and select what setting you want. Then "south" again to "save".

This activates Drive Control, And the dash says so when on Home, and when you are moving on the water. Drive Control restricts power no matter what setting it is on.

To get rid of Drive Control, repeat what I said to do before, but do not select "save". Instead, either:

or

+1
    Sorry! It didnít hit me as clearly as the other poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund View Post
    lol, Iím pretty sure I mentioned drive control several days go, but glad you found the problem

+1
    I see that my post got edited.

Nice, should help if someone does a search looking to figure this out.

But I'd like to note that the VX display in question is not a touch screen. It is manipulated with buttons, unlike the FX, which IS done by touch.

Just watched Youtube video on "drive control" If it is on to any extent it limits top speed/rpm to some extent. Your problem has been solved, turn it completely off!!!!
    teufelhund was dead on

+1
    Solved! Take drive control off! How annoying is this? Been to two different dealers and conversations with Yamaha corporate and no one picked up to edit that part of the display (except this forum). Perhaps because it is new for 2021 and people are still learning it? Here’s two picture of what it will do with drive control ON (58 mph and 7100 rpm) and all settings at their highest level. The next picture is of the display with the drive control OFF (66 mph and 7700 rpm).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6566B55E-176A-4A39-8F1A-AD6E869A1C43.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	476121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2E77F47-B4CC-415E-A718-C6D86793BE36.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	476122  

11. +1 by:

+1
    I'm glad you're back in business.

I'll note that the both the speedo and the gas gauge are reading optimistic in your photos.

Phone gps will give you 62-63, and three bars down on the gas reading is actually half tank.

I don't really mind this. Good enough for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information