Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Did my clutch just take dump?

Iím in the keys now ugh!! So Iím riding back to the ramp and all
    of a sudden without warning I lost all boost and I didnít hear the SC or the BOV anymore. It was so abrupt that I thought a coupler came off. When I got back to the ramp I checked all the fittings and elbows to the intake and inner cooler and nothing was off. I donít have a full set of tools so I didnít take the intake off to check the supercharger impeller. Iím guessing a clutch can just go out 100% just like that? Iím driving home today so I will inspect further when I get home. Now I have to replace the clutch is the 21í Watch the only one available now and is it better than the older version?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    I’m in the keys now ugh!! So I’m riding back to the ramp and all
    of a sudden without warning I lost all boost and I didn’t hear the SC or the BOV anymore. It was so abrupt that I thought a coupler came off. When I got back to the ramp I checked all the fittings and elbows to the intake and inner cooler and nothing was off. I don’t have a full set of tools so I didn’t take the intake off to check the supercharger impeller. I’m guessing a clutch can just go out 100% just like that? I’m driving home today so I will inspect further when I get home. Now I have to replace the clutch is the 21’ Watch the only one available now and is it better than the older version?

The new clutch is getting toasted just like the older version. #clutchlove

+1
    we, mine lasted 90 hours so not bad. If the next one lasts that long I’ll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post
    The new clutch is getting toasted just like the older version. #clutchlove

+1
    Just got home from keys. Took off intake and wheel spins both directions. The clutch just gave out without warning. �� shot.

+1
    Hey Dan, sorry to hear about your machine. Never fun, but on vacation, that really sucks. Hope ya had a good time anyway. Maybe a good time to try the new Fizzle wheels while you're in there

+1
    I already have the new et20lb wheel so I don’t know if it’s any better. The new clutch direct replacement or do I need supplemental parts? Gaskets? Bolts etc. Thanks

+1
    Should be easy swap to newer clutch. Just takes extra button head bolts for space issue.

Here's a link to the thread about them and the part numbers for each ��

Bolts:
    92014-06030-00

"Updated" Clutch:
    6ET-17800-10-00

Thread:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...O+clutch+sprag

+1
    Thanks but that thread doesn’t discuss the button head bolts? Or how many are needed etc. What exactly do I need to replace my factory clutch? I do have a 2019 svho.

+1
    Here ya go. Here's the description from the new clutch on Jerry's/Greenhulk site. Newer skis like ours are good to go, just need the new clutch and 2 of the button tops. Sounds like they are even included with the clutch on his listing. Like everything else these days, availability might be an issue though. It's getting crazy. Seeing cars $10k over MSRP, WTH! Maybe it's a good thing though. I need a reason to keep me away from that new Escalade Sport. That dash and infotainment displays are ncredible.

New Yamaha Genuine OEM replacement supercharger clutch. Used on all 2021 Yamaha 1.8L SVHO engines. Upgrade your clutch on your 2008 and newer SHO or SVHO ski. Please note, 2008-2012 skis will require updated drive gear 6S5-W1783-20-00 which is available in our factory replacement parts section of the store.

2 x Part number 92014-06030-00 (included) is required when installing on all 2020 and prior skis and are included with this clutch

10. +1 by:

+1
    I am convinced BOVs do nothing. Too many with them having failed clutches.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information