Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Yes, if it overheats the rev limiter kicks in.

Pull the pisser apart and check for blockage. Run a weedeater string through the hose.
    I got it to piss via hose hook up!

Side question-should there be air in the fuel lines? For instance I see bubbles in the fuel line from the filter to the carb and also in the primer line I just set up

+1
    No, Ray. There shouldn't be any air in the fuel lines. You're sucking air in somewhere. Make sure all of your fuel line clamps are tight.

Some of those clear, see through fuel hoses can get very hard over time and they won't seal right.

I used to have the two Sea Doo skis that you see in my signature. I had installed blue, transparent fuel lines when I rebuilt both skis. I loved being able to see through the hoses and there were times when I had bubbles. If I had bubbles, that ski wasn't running right. Over time, the hoses got very hard.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Keep in mind that the fuel filter will normally have some air in it.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Steve makes a good point, here. The fuel filter will have air but the actual fuel line past the fuel filter shouldn't have any air bubbles in it.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyual777 View Post
    No, Ray. There shouldn't be any air in the fuel lines. You're sucking air in somewhere. Make sure all of your fuel line clamps are tight.

Some of those clear, see through fuel hoses can get very hard over time and they won't seal right.

I used to have the two Sea Doo skis that you see in my signature. I had installed blue, transparent fuel lines when I rebuilt both skis. I loved being able to see through the hoses and there were times when I had bubbles. If I had bubbles, that ski wasn't running right. Over time, the hoses got very hard.
    Thanks! I do have the blue transparent fuel lines and the lines for the primer are clear, that’s how I noticed the bubbles in the line.

As far as getting rid of them…do they purge themselves when all air leaks are sealed up?

Thanks Steve. My fuel filter is always about half full.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RayFinkle View Post
    Thanks! I do have the blue transparent fuel lines and the lines for the primer are clear, that’s how I noticed the bubbles in the line.

As far as getting rid of them…do they purge themselves when all air leaks are sealed up?
    Once I was able to get my clamps good and tight, the bubbles always disappeared and the SD XP skis would be back to running good. My blue transparent fuel hoses either required Oetiker pinch clamps to seal good or I had to get creative to make small, stainless steel hose clamps work. The fact that the blue fuel hose would get hard over time made fuel system maintenance a constant chore.

Just wanted to give an update that might help
    others…

Ended up taking off the carb and resetting the jets to factory specs. Put it in the water and it ran great! Pisser was working great also.

Question: the steering was funky…very touchy going right but left was not good. The linkage looks great…any tips?

Also the trim doesn’t work. Any way to set it manually?

Thanks again

+1
    Weird steering may be due to the cable end being loose at the thru-hull fitting.

You can adjust the trim cable end to set it about where you want it. You may not get it exactly where you want it, you might have to take the motor assembly apart to do that. The trim cables on these are a real PITA to work on.

Weird steering may be due to the cable end being loose at the thru-hull fitting.

You can adjust the trim cable end to set it about where you want it. You may not get it exactly where you want it, you might have to take the motor assembly apart to do that. The trim cables on these are a real PITA to work on.
    Messed with it today, I can tell how it is a pita lol.

On a side note…how much water in a hull leads to damage? Like water in the engine? My pisser line keeps coming off and I didn’t notice it this last time and a good amount of water got in…enough almost to the crank case

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information