Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,631
    +1
    887
    The holes and hoses are designed to get air INTO the engine so it can run. The engine needs a lot of air. It goes out the exhaust.

  2. #12
    in essence you are pulling a vacuum in engine compartment by venting air out youre missing that if carbs are also exposed to said vacuum youre not flowing as much air and fuel into engine as the fan is competing with carbs for said air, now if you rigged it to blow into engine compartment that makes more sense!!!


  3. #13
    SplishSplash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Belle River Ont Canada
    Posts
    1,978
    +1
    259
    What year Ultra do you have, I Think in 2002 they added another air intake on top of the cowl under the hood by the steering. Prior years you could actually feel the seat get sucked down when you opend it up. I retrofitted my 2000 with the 2002 setup

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    What year Ultra do you have, I Think in 2002 they added another air intake on top of the cowl under the hood by the steering. Prior years you could actually feel the seat get sucked down when you opend it up. I retrofitted my 2000 with the 2002 setup
    I have a '99 and I was looking into doing that as well. Do you have the list of parts/numbers I would need?

    The vent is for a 96 XP, just thought it might work on this. It goes under the seat and fans the hot air out of the holes under the seat, which in turn, should suck air in faster? I don't know lol. All I know is it helps with cooling and they were banned from the racing circuit for seadoo.

  5. #15
    SplishSplash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Belle River Ont Canada
    Posts
    1,978
    +1
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by saxtonmi View Post
    I have a '99 and I was looking into doing that as well. Do you have the list of parts/numbers I would need?

    The vent is for a 96 XP, just thought it might work on this. It goes under the seat and fans the hot air out of the holes under the seat, which in turn, should suck air in faster? I don't know lol. All I know is it helps with cooling and they were banned from the racing circuit for seadoo.
    Your looking for:
    59231-3725

    FILLER $15


    11061 11061-3703
    GASKET, FRONT DUCT
    10.3




    92039B 92039-3775
    RIVET

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Your looking for:
    59231-3725

    FILLER $15


    11061 11061-3703
    GASKET, FRONT DUCT
    10.3



    92039B 92039-3775
    RIVET
    AWESOME, thanks! I picked up the filler on EBAY, but looks like the gasket and rivet are non-existent? Do you have any pictures of them, maybe I can make something work? Thanks again!

  7. #17
    Clear silicone and stainless steel bolts would do the trick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fuel/Choke Knobs interchangable for 99' Ultra 150 to 00' Ultra 150
    By Meen95z in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-20-2015, 07:43 AM
  2. FS TBM Ultra 250/ Ultra 150 exhaust outlet
    By codymouse54321 in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 06:46 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 10:45 AM
  4. Stock Kawi Parts for SXR, Ultra 250x, Ultra 150, and Xir
    By ev0klr in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 11:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •