Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

2014 FZR SVHO (Loss of power)

I have had 2 ECU upgrades from Deans team in the last few years. the most recently upgrade was done because of a Fizzle & Tial Bov upgrade. Got the ECU back and ski was turning 80.2 best speed ever and was happy with that. A couple of trips ago ski hit low 80s again, but later that day with half a tank less I good not get over 76.1 mph. Went home looked around found nothing. Took out a couple weeks later now the best time is 71mph with a top rpm of 7000. Also I have had this since new and currently has 101 hrs on it. It has also lost bottom end as before it cavitated a little because of the power now no cavitation huge difference bottom end. I am well a where of the chain issues and check before and after each season.
    Got home did the following:

- Compression test 122,121,123,123 (Close to specs on a supercharger engine)
    - Checked all plugs burning correctly no irregularities
    - Checked all Supercharger and intake manifold connections all tight.

I have not checked if there is a issue with the supercharger clutch yet and was going to do that tonight. Any suggestions would be appreciated or has anyone had this happen also.. Has anyone heard of ECU upgrades from Deans Team going bad?

Craft has the following upgrades:
    - Work air intake system
    - Ribbon delete with Riva sleeve replacement
    - Fizzle cooler & Tial BOV
    - Sola's 13/18 impeller
    - Riva ride plate and intake grate
    - Foam removed behind vents and holes drilled for more air
    - Removed upper small exhaust box and replaced with newer hose bypass.

Future hopefully if I get this fixed
    - have a impeller 17 for future upgrades, Riva fuel pump, Retainers, Upgraded injectors
    - Debating on replacing chain if I can do without pulling motor

+1
    I would check your clutch first, and keep in mind that if it doesn’t spin both ways that it’s not the clutch. It could very well be slipping
    Also a set of new plugs wouldn’t hurt either

3. +1 by:

+1
    Check your prop and pump area, change your plugs, check your oil level. Make sure is not milky.

+1
    Thanks for the replies already. Looks like i found the issue. Impeller was solid only moves one way. The top hose that goes on the supercharger then to fizzle had a broken clamp.This was on the side of the hose that hooks to the supercharger on top. When you check it its tight but the back of it had the hose off the charger sucking air about a 1/4" gap. Looks like its been slowly moving more each trip. Put new clamp and got hose all the way on and thank I am good to go. Wont be out for 2 more wks will add results but pretty sure this is it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeride View Post
    Thanks for the replies already. Looks like i found the issue. Impeller was solid only moves one way. The top hose that goes on the supercharger then to fizzle had a broken clamp.This was on the side of the hose that hooks to the supercharger on top. When you check it its tight but the back of it had the hose off the charger sucking air about a 1/4" gap. Looks like its been slowly moving more each trip. Put new clamp and got hose all the way on and thank I am good to go. Wont be out for 2 more wks will add results but pretty sure this is it.
    Sure sounds like that was the problem, at least let’s hope it was.
    Easy fix

+1
    Nope not the problem..
    Today I only ran 73.2 mph keeps getting slower each trip (Frustrating as this was a 80mpg ski). Now I am leaning towards the clutch maybe starting to go bad? Any thoughts, I also put new plugs in and the oil is clean. The prop was replaced 2 years ago 13/18 and ran great. Would like to have a little better top and less cavitation bottom end to get me in the low 82s if I can get this currrent issue fixed. What prop would anyone recommend. Thinking 13/20 instead of the current 13/18? Also is the only fuel filter on these 2014 FZRs SVHO in gas the tank

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeride View Post
    Nope not the problem..
    Today I only ran 73.2 mph keeps getting slower each trip (Frustrating as this was a 80mpg ski). Now I am leaning towards the clutch maybe starting to go bad? Any thoughts, I also put new plugs in and the oil is clean. The prop was replaced 2 years ago 13/18 and ran great. Would like to have a little better top and less cavitation bottom end to get me in the low 82s if I can get this currrent issue fixed. What prop would anyone recommend. Thinking 13/20 instead of the current 13/18? Also is the only fuel filter on these 2014 FZRs SVHO in gas the tank
    Like I said earlier it could be your clutch slipping, even though it doesnít spin both ways using your finger. If it feels just a bit mushy going the other way itís your clutch. Try letting off on the throttle some then go full throttle again, sometimes the clutch will grab and not slip and you could hit a higher speed
    Also how is your bov line hooked up? Tíd in to the map sensor or a dedicated line from the manifold
    Yes only filter is the screen at the bottom of the fuel pump

9. +1 by:

+1
    Check your air filter too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER 1 View Post
    Like I said earlier it could be your clutch slipping, even though it doesn’t spin both ways using your finger. If it feels just a bit mushy going the other way it’s your clutch. Try letting off on the throttle some then go full throttle again, sometimes the clutch will grab and not slip and you could hit a higher speed
    Also how is your bov line hooked up? T’d in to the map sensor or a dedicated line from the manifold
    Yes only filter is the screen at the bottom of the fuel pump
    I would also check the mount for the Throttle Body the rubber could be torn/cracked

12. +1 by:

+1
    Sorry it's been so long for the answer on my issue. The problem was that the bottom hose from the supercharger into the intake had slipped off also like the top one but much more. Probably about a 1" gap in the back. The last time I took the ski out it was really bad doing about 55mph with a whistle sound. Anyways its fixed now did 79.8 1st time out after it was fixed in 91 deg weather. Thanks for the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information