RXP 215 arp rod bolts

bolts

Hi 👋
    I have a stock RXP 215 in process of rebuilding it. Iíve fitted ARP rod bolts
    when I first fitted them I torqued them to Seadoo spec (45nm plus 90 degrees)
    But ARP say 60ftlb (81nm) I have since retorqued them to 60 but does anyone on here know if I would have stretched/ruined the ARP bolt ???? Or should it be ok
    I always thought arp bolts were excessively strong but now Iím worried that maybe there not lol

I did try to check the torque before I undid them, but I’m guessing this would be not very accurate due to the bolt being Static ?

+1
    Iím pretty sure they will be ok, ARP hardware is pretty durable. I highly doubt you stretched them the first time you set the torque.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamielord555 View Post
    bolts

Hi 
    I have a stock RXP 215 in process of rebuilding it. I’ve fitted ARP rod bolts
    when I first fitted them I torqued them to Seadoo spec (45nm plus 90 degrees)
    But ARP say 60ftlb (81nm) I have since retorqued them to 60 but does anyone on here know if I would have stretched/ruined the ARP bolt ???? Or should it be ok
    I always thought arp bolts were excessively strong but now I’m worried that maybe there not lol
    If your using stock connecting rods with the ARP bolts, you will make the connecting rod bearings out of round, it will crush the bearings to an incorrect clearance.

Thread Information