Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    I am not married to the Yuasa brand. I stopped and look at what one auto parts store had and saw an AGM battery with 320 CCA vs 270 CCA from the factory.

I take it that the more CCA the better, right?

Also I will need a different battery tender, one that has more intelligence than the one I had.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffr3 View Post
    I am not married to the Yuasa brand. I stopped and look at what one auto parts store had and saw an AGM battery with 320 CCA vs 270 CCA from the factory.

I take it that the more CCA the better, right?

Also I will need a different battery tender, one that has more intelligence than the one I had.
    COLD Cranking amps is, well, just a number the marketing guys put on the product. Some marketing guys are more, um, something, than others

I use and like the BatteryMinder CEC128. Not inexpensive, but works quite well.

For my own PWC battery and the charger that charges that battery, I prefer to buy from the top level of products available.

+1
    K447 - thanks a bunch for all the information. That is invaluable. I was under the false belief that all AGM batteries would have AGM stamped on them. My brother said no, that is not true.

Thanks for that link that solidified that I already had a AGM battery.

+1
    I ended up with a Deltran Battery Tender Plus that is designed for 12v, 6v, and AGM batteries.

I also read that the Yuasa battery was a pretty good battery. It would be difficult to improve on it.

So I used the tender plus and it changed the battery as expected. I got all the blinking lights on the tender as expected. In the next few days I will start the SeaDoo in the driveway. I expect it to start normal.

Then I will gas it up and take it for a spin.

+1
    You guys could have told me not to loose the nut that keeps the cable tight on the battery. Yes, I found one nut that fell out when I took out my battery but not the other. It is in there someplace but I don't know where.

I had to angle the battery to get it out and the two nuts fell out. I go to put my battery back in and now I am missing one nut.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Go to service shop that uses/installs/sells that type of battery for customers. They may have a stack of dead/removed Powersports batteries, from which you could harvest a few ‘spare’ battery nuts. I keep a few in my PWC toolbox.

Tip: stuff a bit of rubber or stiff foam under each nut before you install the battery. Keeps the loose nut in place, also makes it easier to thread the bolt into the but.

One thing (of many) I like about the Deka ETX series AGM is that there are no nuts, the battery post itself is threaded. Dual threads on each post, one for top bolt and one for side bolt.
    Last edited by K447; 07-29-2021 at 08:46 PM.

+1
    A Deka ETX will most likely be my replacement battery as those nuts are a PIA.

I finally did fish the nut from underneath the engine with just enough space for my arm and the tips of my fingers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information