Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Could be water in the fuel. RR

2. +1 by:

Im thinking you should definetly check for good guel pressure and should have those old filters in the fuel pump changed, for that you will have to remove the fuel pump assembly and dissasemble it, the pump is probably fine and you can just order new filters throw them on and you should be good to go! This issue persists when you have bad fuel pressure or clogged up filters, like someone said, the filters on these jetskis break down over time so its time to chnage them out.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Possible tps fault dirty throttle body or map sensor faulty to be considered

Unless the map is really screwed it wont trigger a check engine light

Start with fuel pressure

If too low pull the pump and check the “sock” they do tend to break up over time, exposure to ethanol and snake oils and restrict the fuel flow

Since I am not pro in this, what is something that I can do on the jetski that requires hand tools and doesnt require a dealer to use the special software as looking at the manual many things require the BUDS software.

Cheers

+1
    so far two of us have suggested checking fuel pressure and another has suggested possible fuel contamination.

fixing engines requires basic skills as long as the check engine light isn't ON you don't need any special "dealer tools", like buds or the consumer version of the candoo code reader($400USD)

try reading all the responses again and proceeding to try to get a fuel pressure gauge hooked up, they sell for well under $100 USD. if that's a special tool to you, then the only solution is to actually do the labor to remove the fuel pump to check the internal tank filter for contamination or failure.

checking the fuel pressure is far far easier. The odds of you damaging the fuel level sender removing the pump for the very first time are fairly high, its pretty tricky relative to getting a fuel pressure gauge and attaching it. Draing the fuel tank to check for contaminated gas is just a nasty job.

get a fuel pressure gauge

Update 12/07/21:

Finally was able to take it out on the water with the new 3 spark plugs installed.

Seems to be somewhat fixed. It got up to usual speed (a bit less than usual but still fast) and seemed to run decent.

Will be doing a long ride this weekend which will be a true test for it.

+1
    thanks for the follow up. I still consider your fuel pump a solid risk factor, given it sat with old fuel for an extend period

bring and extra set of plugs and a plug wrench and a tow rope, just in case things don't turn out as expected

being prepared trumps being embarrassed

hope your check ride works out in your favor and plugs were the problem(as I mentioned, they typically are)

New plugs improved the ride, but still missing overall power. Has new fuel in it and fuel pressure is fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information