+1

2021 GTX 170 steering issues

Just picked up a new 21í gtx 170 but Iíve been having steering issues right off the bat and am just trying to narrow it down. It is obvious that the steering needs to be aligned as it pulls to the right especially at slower speeds. Left turns are really wide and right turns are tight. The issue of concern is that the steering catches when I turn it all the way to the right and then go to turn it back to the left. When itís at full right lock it moves freely back to the left for about an inch and then catches. It doesnít get seized up or anything but has a very noticeable resistance spot. If you move the nozzle by hand you can also feel it there. Any ideas? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	84B94AA8-ED50-4909-846A-EFFC6055F791.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	472869  

+1
    You can adjust the steering yourself. You can look on you tube and there are various clips on how to do it. There's just a steering adjustment nut to adjust - it's located below and in front of the steering handlebars. You have to remove a couple of screws to get axcess to it.

+1
    Just I case anyone finds this post down the road, the solution was just lubricate the cable well and adjust the steering. It was just turning too far to the right. Just remove the steering cover and turn the adjuster there. Easy to do while riding also.

4. +1 by:

I have a new ‘21 GTI and noticed last time out the same problem. I’ve watched a couple of the videos out there but still a little nervous about working on it myself. Is the GTI process the same as the GTX? Any tips or advice to reassure me that I can do this without messing something up. Also, similar to the post earlier, my turns are wide to the left and tight to the right, so what do I need to do once I locate the adjuster.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSammy View Post
    I have a new ‘21 GTI and noticed last time out the same problem. I’ve watched a couple of the videos out there but still a little nervous about working on it myself. Is the GTI process the same as the GTX? Any tips or advice to reassure me that I can do this without messing something up. Also, similar to the post earlier, my turns are wide to the left and tight to the right, so what do I need to do once I locate the adjuster.

Not sure what the adjustment procedure is for the GTI. The gtx is meant to diy. Otherwise just have the dealer take care of it for you. Only way to really get it right though is to adjust on the water or ride then adjust a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    Just I case anyone finds this post down the road, the solution was just lubricate the cable well and adjust the steering. It was just turning too far to the right. Just remove the steering cover and turn the adjuster there. Easy to do while riding also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ST3 Steering Adjustment.png 
Views:	168 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	476581  

8. +1 by:

Maybe warranty work? Did you buy from a dealer?

Yes, dealer said to bring it in and that several other customers had reported the same problem with the GTI and GTX. Of course taking it in may mean being without it for a couple weeks.

Thread Information