+1

Adding IBR or manual reverse to 2021 GTX rental ski

Anyone know if itís possible to add either manual reverse or IBR to a 2021 GTX pro 130? Also, Iím assuming I could throw a 170 tune on with a maptuner? Just wanting to verify. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    Anyone know if it’s possible to add either manual reverse or IBR to a 2021 GTX pro 130? Also, I’m assuming I could throw a 170 tune on with a maptuner? Just wanting to verify. Thanks
    I just pre-order 2021 GTX 130 Pro with iBR option. Also check with RIVA Tuner and it's possible to tune 130hp to 170hp stage 1 which is slightly faster than stock 170hp. According to my research, the engine and internal are the same, just ECU tuning is different. Also, I'm waiting for their support to confirm if they can add VTS function and Ski mode to the ECU. I'm going to use it for skiing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pierreye View Post
    I just pre-order 2021 GTX 130 Pro with iBR option. Also check with RIVA Tuner and it's possible to tune 130hp to 170hp stage 1 which is slightly faster than stock 170hp. According to my research, the engine and internal are the same, just ECU tuning is different. Also, I'm waiting for their support to confirm if they can add VTS function and Ski mode to the ECU. I'm going to use it for skiing.

So can IBR be added to the non-ibr ski? Or does the non ibr model have a manual reverse option?

+1
    So can IBR be added to the non-ibr ski? Or does the non ibr model have a manual reverse option?
    You need iBR hardware to reverse and brake. Also mention iBR hardware is needed for VTS function. I'm not sure if iBR can be added later but you better check with other dealer if they can bring in a unit with iBR installed.

+1
    I did pursue this further and it is possible but does require a lot of work. The IBR module as well as the linkage and hardware at the nozzle will be needed as well as the handlebar harness and controls. You’ll also have to activate the module. Probably about a $1500 swap more or less. Definitely more pricey than having it factory installed but at least we know it’s possible.

IBR Manual Reverse

I did pursue this further and it is possible but does require a lot of work. The IBR module as well as the linkage and hardware at the nozzle will be needed as well as the handlebar harness and controls. Youíll also have to activate the module. Probably about a $1500 swap more or less. Definitely more pricey than having it factory installed but at least we know itís possible.
    Did you end up installing the IBR or manual reverse? How much did that cost? Were you satisfied?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skiez View Post
    Did you end up installing the IBR or manual reverse? How much did that cost? Were you satisfied?

I just bought an iBR ski. Definitely worth it. Takes some getting used to if youíve gotten used to manual reverse

Thread Information