Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What the F#*$ is wrong with Riva Racing these days?

We are over a year into the Pandemic, and getting anything from them is like pulling teeth. 4-5 days to ship an order when it is in stock? They are in Florida with literally no Covid restrictions. Plus now I get this crap. I bought the Riva Boost hoses over the Fizzle as I wanted the T-bolt clamps instead of standard hose clamps. I could have bought the clamps easily, but for the $50 difference it was one less thing to do. Then they send standard HOSE CLAMPS. WTF? They show t-Bolts in their picture (and in Greenhulk store), they list them on their parts list, and then they send a freaking hose clamp. Really? What has happened to them? Is this a company that thinks they have a monopoly? A PWCazon company that came along could put them out of business. I have for years bought from Riva and always enjoyed good products, quick shipping and knowledgeable sales people. Now?????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210319_183016.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	472227  

+1
    Are they even stainless clamps. I wonder if Riva mgmt chamges cause they sure seem to have gone the greed route.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by viperbob View Post
    We are over a year into the Pandemic, and getting anything from them is like pulling teeth. 4-5 days to ship an order when it is in stock? They are in Florida with literally no Covid restrictions. Plus now I get this crap. I bought the Riva Boost hoses over the Fizzle as I wanted the T-bolt clamps instead of standard hose clamps. I could have bought the clamps easily, but for the $50 difference it was one less thing to do. Then they send standard HOSE CLAMPS. WTF? They show t-Bolts in their picture (and in Greenhulk store), they list them on their parts list, and then they send a freaking hose clamp. Really? What has happened to them? Is this a company that thinks they have a monopoly? A PWCazon company that came along could put them out of business. I have for years bought from Riva and always enjoyed good products, quick shipping and knowledgeable sales people. Now?????
    Are the hose clamps AWAB hose clamps? The nut should be 7mm. If so, they are superior to T-bolt clamps. I use AWAB's on my turbo charge tubes...never a problem.

+1
    Hard to tell from the pic angle but that clamp looks like "euro" style. I would take those over a t-bolt. I swapped from t-bolt, after snapping them or losing tension, and have never had any issues and never had to touch any again. Those are great clamps even if they don't look as blingy as t-bolt.

Still, they should update their marketing material so people aren't surprised.

I'm in the auto performance industry. We have done hundreds of modded turbo/supercharge cars. A t-bolt provides a more reliable clamping force. It is generally wider spreading the load. A worm gear does provide equal clamping force around the whole tube, and can be a better option with light aluminum piping where a t-bolt can distort the aluminum. Our ski's have no such piping (unless using hard pipes). All heavy thick ends at SC, Intercooler, and engine.

ptscon if your t-bolt loosened, you might have tried a constant torque t-bolt. Better able to respond to aluminum that heats and cools excessively to keep a stable torque.

+1
    Agreed. We switched to all AWAB style clamps a couple years ago for all Fizzle products. 316 Stainless Steel

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Are the hose clamps AWAB hose clamps? The nut should be 7mm. If so, they are superior to T-bolt clamps. I use AWAB's on my turbo charge tubes...never a problem.

+1
    I'm in the auto performance industry. We have done hundreds of modded turbo/supercharge cars. A t-bolt provides a more reliable clamping force. It is generally wider spreading the load. A worm gear does provide equal clamping force around the whole tube, and can be a better option with light aluminum piping where a t-bolt can distort the aluminum. Our ski's have no such piping (unless using hard pipes). All heavy thick ends at SC, Intercooler, and engine. ptscon if your t-bolt loosened, you might have tried a constant torque t-bolt. Better able to respond to aluminum that heats and cools excessively to keep a stable torque.
    AWAB clamps do not loose tension or tightness like a standard hose clamp or T-bolt clamp can.

well a good quality awab clamp does the job great but the t bold looks more heavy duty stuff...
    well anyhow he paid for that so he need to get them...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FAMT View Post
    well a good quality awab clamp does the job great but the t bold looks more heavy duty stuff...
    well anyhow he paid for that so he need to get them...
    Add a tiny bit of loctite 243 on the tbolt threads and forget about them.. I use AWAB everywhere except for the main cooling tube (T-Bolt) that comes off the back of the cylinder head.

+1

Guys- Here’s Riva Racing’s comments on the updated clamps in their Intercooler Tubing Upgrade Kits:

We originally released these kits with T-Bolt type clamps a few years ago. About 2 years ago we updated the clamps to non-perforated AWAB style clamp manufactured by Ideal Tridon. This change was made due to feedback from our race technicians and customers. The non-perforated worm gear clamp offers superior clamping and protection from hose shearing. They are 100% stainless steel construction. We updated all marketing materials to represent the new clamps years ago but it was just brought to our attention that some of our instructions still show the old T-Bolt clamps. We apologize for any confusion on this matter.

-Riva Crew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information