+1

Getting ready to fix the pump tunnel on my 2020 fx svho, few questions

Hey guys I was hoping you guys can help me. Purchased my buddy's 2020 fx svho back from insurance, due to pump tunnel cracking. I have a bunch of West Marine epoxy resin and sheets of episize glass, as well as fillers. I've done a few Sea-Doo hulls, with good results, going to try to fix this myself, plus my pops has a couple years of fiberglass work under his belt.

With that said I know they don't make a reinforcement yet for the tunnel, is it possible to modify the older one to work? https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=6109,

Also how do you remove the reinforcement from the inside of the ski that looks to be glued on ? any tips, tricks, links are appreciated for those who have done this job.

my buddies original post with some pics.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=290402

thanks

+1
    The white side panels that are glued on at just that. glue. heat with heat gun, and pry with pry bars... theycan be a pain but they come off. then can cut/ grind glue down whats left.

I used six/10 epoxy on my FZ tunnel. but I used COCO shell as it fit my ski

+1
    So reinforcing the intake grate insert area seems pretty straight forward especially with this procedure, http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...hlight=inserts. So im all set with this.

My biggest thing is how do i go about getting to the pump tunnel from the inside of the jetski with this piece ( circled in red ) in the way to fix the cracked tunnel from both side? I haven't been able to find an aftermarket reinforcement yet, and am not sure if this part from the inside is removable? if it is how do i go about removing it with out damaging? heat gun?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3997_zps6yiu421c.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	471961  

+1
    From the coloring it looks like the hull liner covers the tunnel on that one?

+1
    this is of the actual ski, im pretty sure the gp's are similar with teh plastic looking reinforcement that is glued in. Ready to attack this thing, just need to figure out the best way to remove with out damaging. Will see if i can maybe buy a new piece.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210309_092339.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	471969  

+1
    Anyone have any tips on how to remove the grey plastic reinforcement around the tunnel with out damaging? would like to tackle this job over the weekend, as the rest of my materials should be here today.

Found lots of info on reinforcing the intake grate area, but struggling to find a procedure remove the factory plastic? reinforcement around the pump tunnel. Any tips, and or links to threads that provide the information im looking for will be greatly appreciated.

My other thought was to just remove the grey reinforcement all together and build up the pump tunnel area with west systems glass sheet/mat, would this be a better solution?

thanks

+1
    before COCOs made the shell. some would just layer glass over the whole tunnel. some still do it vs the COCO to same money.

+1
    the pump tunnel is cracked so i need repair it from both sides. pictures are here http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=290402 , The more im looking at the pictures the more im wondering if this damage will even be visible if i remove that plastic reinforcement piece.

Thread Information