Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

Whatís the key differences between the 2021 RXP and RXT?

Can you guys shed some light on the differences in these 2 models? Iím kicking around adding a ski to the stable. I donít want to get beat to death in open water where it typically gets choppy with a little breeze however I do want some handling performance and fun. Most of my time is spent cruising from cove to cove so Iíd love to have some comfort while cruising for long distances or touring rides. However, grab the throttle and crank into a turn and rocket down a trail......yeah baby! Any help, opinions, experiences would be awesome.

+1
    The key difference between these two is one- seater or 2 seater.
    RXT ST-3 hull drives phenomenal in the chop and amazingly dry also with 2 persons. Based on own experience at choppy sea between our islands.
    I do not have the 21XP but the 18XP with previous T3 hull and I still choose that one over the newer RXT with ST-3 hull as itís way more fun in my opinion when riding alone. Cornering, wave jumping and riding in the surf near the beach and sandbanks.
    Hope this helps a little in your decision making!

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN81 View Post
    The key difference between these two is one- seater or 2 seater.
    RXT ST-3 hull drives phenomenal in the chop and amazingly dry also with 2 persons. Based on own experience at choppy sea between our islands.
    I do not have the 21XP but the 18XP with previous T3 hull and I still choose that one over the newer RXT with ST-3 hull as it’s way more fun in my opinion when riding alone. Cornering, wave jumping and riding in the surf near the beach and sandbanks. Hope this helps a little in your decision making!
    Yessir. Helps a lot. I’ve had Yamaha’s all my life. Only ridden a couple Sea Doos, they were old mid 90’s ski’s, SP’s I think with the old twin cylinder 2 stroke Rotax. They were ok. At that time I had a 700 cc Wave Raider. Never had a problem with it. Neighbor had a couple SP Sea Doo’s. Was working on them all the time and they were stock. That was enough to steer me away from Sea Doo. However, Seeing a lot of positive reviews on You Tube for Sea Doo. Mostly watching The Watercraft Journal and Green Hulk you tube channels. As you can see in my sig I have a variety of Yamaha’s and I’ve been pleased with them. Different years, different models and completely different ride characteristics. My 2003 GPR is my favorite. The FX is Super fast and is a great open water cruiser but gives up some of the playfulness that the smaller GPR has. Recently sold the Wave Venture just because it was 24 years old and parts were starting to be unavailable. Had my heart set on another Yamaha (The Devil I know) until I started seeing many guys who had had both Yami’s and Sea Doo’s liking their Sea Doo’s better. Better handling and features. They are A LOT more expensive though. Availability is limited this year and since test drive are almost certainly out and I know no one with a late model Sea Doo I’m relying on my brothers here at the HULK. Also, Yamaha was the PWC of choice around here since our local dealer was Tommy Jordan, (2fast4u), and he and his Fountain Boys were kings of the lakes around here. Currently looking at a 2021 Yamaha GP1800R, Sea Doo RXP-X and a Sea Doo RXT-X.

Go with 21 RXP

I traded 18 RXT-X in on 21 RXP-X today. Rode the 21 RXP-X and did not want to get off it.

+1
    Good info. Do you do much open water cruising?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sedooyama View Post
    I traded 18 RXT-X in on 21 RXP-X today. Rode the 21 RXP-X and did not want to get off it.
    HaHa Congrats... I sold my 18TX and bought the 21PX as well. Still love my 19PX...but the 18TX I did not enjoy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandini View Post
    Good info. Do you do much open water cruising?
    Very vague, what are you asking here?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Very vague, what are you asking here?
    Your right. That was vague. Sorry. I mean do you do much riding in open choppy water? I say open water cause there seems to always be a little breeze and a little chop on open water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandini View Post
    Your right. That was vague. Sorry. I mean do you do much riding in open choppy water? I say open water cause there seems to always be a little breeze and a little chop on open water.
    Both handle chop incredibly well, they will go about as fast as your willing to hold on. The TX tends to transfer more energy into the rider though. I always got tired faster riding my TX. In general it just wasn't for my riding style. It's a great all purpose ski, put the PX is just more fun for about everything except max top end speed with mods in flat water. If you want the faster ski mod for mod then TX is the way to go or if you need 2 up riding and a bunch of storage space.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information