Thread: hull scratch

Unhappy hull scratch

hey guys i just got my gp1800 from the dealer but when i went home i checked the hull and found this scratch, am new to skis but is it deep and will damage the ski or they can repair it easily?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ECAEC3D8-A943-4243-9D2A-C44EB8014BCF.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	471861  

+1
    Bummer. Take it back quick. You'd be surprised how many "new" skis are repaired before the customers ever buy them. Things happen. Same with cars or anything else. Congrats on the new ski! Good news, it won't impact performance!

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnInFL View Post
    Bummer. Take it back quick. You'd be surprised how many "new" skis are repaired before the customers ever buy them. Things happen. Same with cars or anything else. Congrats on the new ski! Good news, it won't impact performance!

thank you sir, yeah am taking it on sunday, so its doable? and i shouldn’t worry that much?

+1
    It sucks, but I'm sure they'll make it right. If not, don't take it back until it's done right. So often they are damaged right of the crate or many times the dealers themselves can be the culprit. Boat repair guy was telling me how more than once he's seen where forks from the forklift have either removed long lines of paint from the bottom hull or worse, fork through the hull of the ski. UGH! I'd make sure that your job was a priority for sure. Service at the dealer can take forever at times if left to their own schedules. Keep us posted and share some after pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	may-the-schwartz-be-with-you.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	471874

It sucks, but I'm sure they'll make it right. If not, don't take it back until it's done right. So often they are damaged right of the crate or many times the dealers themselves can be the culprit. Boat repair guy was telling me how more than once he's seen where forks from the forklift have either removed long lines of paint from the bottom hull or worse, fork through the hull of the ski. UGH! I'd make sure that your job was a priority for sure. Service at the dealer can take forever at times if left to their own schedules. Keep us posted and share some after pics.

yeah am going back to them to them tomorrow, but do you think the scratch is way deep? or is repar-able

+1
    My point is this. If a crack, or full-blown hole (fork lift) can be repaired, I'm sure this scratch can be resolved. It's hard to see exactly where the scratch is as it's only one photo and pretty close. Seeing the bunk, it appears to be on the bottom of the hull. Once this one is repaired, you should get ready for more. It's the nature of the beast. The bottom of your ski is most likely not going to remain scratch free for long. It comes with enjoying the ski. Things are going to happen. They usually happen while you're having fun or at the end of having fun.

My point is this. If a crack, or full-blown hole (fork lift) can be repaired, I'm sure this scratch can be resolved. It's hard to see exactly where the scratch is as it's only one photo and pretty close. Seeing the bunk, it appears to be on the bottom of the hull. Once this one is repaired, you should get ready for more. It's the nature of the beast. The bottom of your ski is most likely not going to remain scratch free for long. It comes with enjoying the ski. Things are going to happen. They usually happen while you're having fun or at the end of having fun.
    yeah the scratch is down on the hull, i believe it happened while they were taking it out of the storage and i see a white and a black colors it doesn’t look that deep so i wanted to know if they can do it easily in their workshop & i wont have trouble later on because of it cause am new to skis

Thread Information