310LX has no boost at all

Hi

Just picked up a 2015 310LX. Someone else tested it for me and didn't pickup on a few things!

So it basically has no boost. Will stutter and carry on when you give it the throttle, and then stall.

On the trailer on a hose, it will rev instantly with no issues

I have changed plugs, cleaned injectors, new fuel. Compression is nothing startling , from 110 to 125, but that was just a push on tester.

See video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/06grvtam13...26.58.mp4?dl=0

A few people have suggested it could be exhaust filter, supercharger tensioner, or maybe water getting on the s/c pulley from a leak in a hose, causing it to slip.

Anyone got anything else I need to check ?

I am a 310 virgin, so be gentle on me thanks

had exactly same issue with my 08 ultra 250x.....checked everything from intercooler, fuel, compression, plugs, pump and hoses....ran perfectly on the trailer on the hose but bogged down in the water....culprit was the main water line into the engine which had a crack under the clamp....cut one inch of the hose and reconnected and the old girl is back to her best!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210305_174129.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	471857  

Quote Originally Posted by prasino thereo View Post
    had exactly same issue with my 08 ultra 250x.....checked everything from intercooler, fuel, compression, plugs, pump and hoses....ran perfectly on the trailer on the hose but bogged down in the water....culprit was the main water line into the engine which had a crack under the clamp....cut one inch of the hose and reconnected and the old girl is back to her

Thanks for your reply.

How did you identify the split? Did you see water coming out when riding it? Was it making the supercharger belt slip?

When running hose on trailer only couple drops of water in hull but out on water definitely more noticeable....my ski always had a little water in hull when riding....after fixing cracked hose I noticed on my last ride ski was dryer than in past....I guess with time the rubber hoses deteriorate and need to be replaced....as the ski gets older more attention is required to maintenance of ski that would otherwise be overlooked in a newer ski ...just my opinion...

I ran it in the water with no seats on. Can confirm that there is no water getting squirted onto the s/c belt, and none in the hull.

Looks like I'll be digging around more

best bet take the ski to the boat ramp.....back up trailer so ski is mostly in water but do not unhook ski from trailer....take off both seats and rear compartment....then run ski and you will get better idea of any water/air leaks....even have a spray bottle with mild soapy water and spray around air hoses to check for leaks.....running the ski on hose does not replicate the same conditions as if ski was completely in the water under load....good luck... this method has helped me in the past...

Thread Information