Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Do not confuse intake grate with ride plate. Riva intake grate exists in Gen 1 and Gen 2 forms.

There is just one Riva ride plate for these hulls.
    There are two Yamaha OEM ride plates, depending on the year and model. The original 2015 onwards (flat bottom) and the ‘R’ ride plate (cut bottom channel) that is included with VXR and GP1800R.

There are always trade-offs with performance ‘upgrades’. Best upgrade depends on what you want optimize for. Riding in rough water I prefer to optimize for hook-up and acceleration and hull tracking. Top speed I don’t really care about much. Always somebody else on the water somewhere that will be faster.

Yiu will have to check the online parts diagrams to verify whether your 2019 has the GP1800R HO intake grate or ride plate (compare part numbers).

By far the biggest performance increase with the 1.8 liter comes with the factory SVHO supercharger + intercooler. The 1.8 liter non-supercharged HO engine is rather well tuned right from the factory. Incremental performance gains are possible using tune + select aftermarket upgrades.

All of those HO upgrades together will provide much less performance than a factory stock SVHO model. And the performance gains possible with an SVHO tune are much greater.

Realistically what are you looking to accomplish?
    NO confusion. Literally Riva just released the Gen 2 Ride plate. https://rivaracing.com/i-24083471-ri...!make%3DYAMAHA

The lake I live and ride on is usually so crowded and choppy you can go over 40mph during peak season. I ride roughly 9 months out of the year and initially I wanted a little more acceleration. Hence the 11/15 Impeller. Now that I'm on the rev limiter I want a little more top end so that I don't ride the limiter and to gain a little more speed (the northern end of our lake also has a river that we can ride and it's usually very calm and relaxing to flying threw a bending river at top speed is nice on a hot summer day.)

Essentially I'm kicking myself in the butt for not getting a GP1800 or FX SVHO from the get go. It's my first time owning a ski and I went conservative instead of just getting what I wanted. Since then my financial situation has changed and a brand new ski isnt in the books (not to mention I think the 2021 GP looks terrible and cheap) so IF I can spend a couple thousand dollars and get a little more fun out of my VX-HO I'd be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by pgaloustian View Post
    NO confusion. Literally Riva just released the Gen 2 Ride plate. https://rivaracing.com/i-24083471-ri...!make%3DYAMAHA The lake I live and ride on is usually so crowded and choppy you can go over 40mph during peak season. I ride roughly 9 months out of the year and initially I wanted a little more acceleration. Hence the 11/15 Impeller. Now that I'm on the rev limiter I want a little more top end so that I don't ride the limiter and to gain a little more speed (the northern end of our lake also has a river that we can ride and it's usually very calm and relaxing to flying threw a bending river at top speed is nice on a hot summer day.) Essentially I'm kicking myself in the butt for not getting a GP1800 or FX SVHO from the get go. It's my first time owning a ski and I went conservative instead of just getting what I wanted. Since then my financial situation has changed and a brand new ski isnt in the books (not to mention I think the 2021 GP looks terrible and cheap) so IF I can spend a couple thousand dollars and get a little more fun out of my VX-HO I'd be very happy.
    I bought a Cruiser HO after riding my XL800 for a couple years (night and day difference...) and then bought a low hour used GP a couple years after that (HUGE DIFFERENCE.) You're going to want that ride plate for sure on your lake. An upgraded intake grate will also help you stay hooked up in the chop. I think if you get the tune, it will suffice. IMO - It's OK to skip the first gen of this 21' GP. Let them get the bugs worked out on it if there are any. Just ride what you got and later on down the road you may feel it's time to step up.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... Riva just released the Gen 2 Ride plate.
    https://rivaracing.com/i-24083471-ri...!make%3DYAMAHA

I was not aware of the Gen-2 Riva rideplate for GP1800.
    Extended overall length and has a skeg. Interesting.

My current ride plate is the Worx extended ride plate with Jimís cut to create the channel. I chose it to maximize rough water ride and reduce hull bouncing over waves.
    I wonder how close in overall length the Gen 2 Riva is to the Worx ride plate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	481B37D6-8AA0-4E89-88C2-BFB42A370262.jpeg 
Views:	170 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	471853   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58F87711-F995-4006-9D56-0937E9767ADA.jpeg 
Views:	171 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	471854  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... Riva just released the Gen 2 Ride plate.
    https://rivaracing.com/i-24083471-ri...!make%3DYAMAHA

I was not aware of the Gen-2 Riva rideplate for GP1800.
    Extended overall length and has a skeg. Interesting.

My current ride plate is the Worx extended ride plate with Jimís cut to enhance the channel.
    I chose it to maximize rough water ride, improve tracking and reduce hull bouncing over waves.

I wonder how close in overall length the Gen 2 Riva is to the Worx ride plate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90E9E198-19B7-4A61-A937-0A1401514977.jpeg 
Views:	172 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	471855  

Yeah, I just got a GEN 2 Intake Grate, have not had a chance to put it on. (pgaloustian - if you want a RIVA GEN 1 Intake Grate for a decent price, let me know... I'd be glad to send it to you.)

I do have some bounce with my GEN 1 Ride Plate so wondering if I should try out the new GEN. Wish someone had a comparison.

Is there an aftermarket impeller that will increase acceleration abit but not need a tune?

Overland Park, KS (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr1300 View Post
    Is there an aftermarket impeller that will increase acceleration abit but not need a tune?
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...ducts_id=10060 If you do Riva Power Filter and intake manifold upgrade it has a little more midrange pull. Green Hulk tested it taking .37 seconds off 0-60 time. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=149032 This is a good thread showing how to get 68+ mph on stock tune. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=285002

Quote Originally Posted by LivingSlow View Post
    Yeah, I just got a GEN 2 Intake Grate, have not had a chance to put it on. (pgaloustian - if you want a RIVA GEN 1 Intake Grate for a decent price, let me know... I'd be glad to send it to you.)

I do have some bounce with my GEN 1 Ride Plate so wondering if I should try out the new GEN. Wish someone had a comparison.
    Did you notice any major improvements with your gen 1 Intake Grate? Ive heard mixed reviews on them. What made you switch to the Gen 2?

Did you notice any major improvements with your gen 1 Intake Grate? Ive heard mixed reviews on them. What made you switch to the Gen 2?
    Yes, the GEN 1 grate hooks so much better over the stock one. I just got a GEN 2 because I did the intake bracket reinforcement and wanted to try the new GEN. No issues with it at all.

I've heard people say it scrubs some top end but they put an updated Intake Grate on the GP1800R HO and they run about the same speeds as the VX HO.

Here's a picture of the RIVA Gen 1 - PM'd price earlier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210312_195452.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	472123

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information