2021 Sea Doo RXT-X or 2021 Yamaha fx svho, very confused

Hello everyone new to forum. I have the itch for a new ski. I have 2015 Yamaha vxr and 2015 vxs. I bought these for my boys mostly. I didnít ride that much but want to get more into it this year. Iím on the jersey shore on the Barnegat bay. Live on the water so might just add a ski for now and then sell one of the Yamahas. We have lots of chop here unless go out super early or late. Anyway most rides for me should be early with my friends when itís flat but I want the luxury of going out whenever. I donít know what to expect because my Yamahas are really great however I never road anything else. I have a mx back round so Iím not that worried about power and like getting too much of an aggressive ski. Anyway I really love Yamahas just because of my motocross back round. I do plan on going new but heard the new Yamaha fx svho takes on lots of water. That doesnít sound so appealing for 20 grand. I heard the prior fx hulls are great. Iím now thinking to get like a 2017 fx svho. So Iím also looking at the sea doo rxt x 300. So beautiful but I hear so many mixed reviews when comparing to Yamaha. So basically Iím looking for something thatís mine and not my kids. Something super fast that rides great in any condition. Iíd like to go new but explained that above. Or maybe keep the vxrís and call it a day. Oh and one last thing will the difference of any of these skis be that Noticeable, Iím 53 years young 6 feet 230lbs. Thanks and sorry for long post.

+1
    My understanding is the Seadoo ST3 hull is the best for rough water conditions.

I don't know much about the Yamaha hulls.

Hey, welcome to the Forum. I can tell you that my 09 Yamaha FX SHO cruisers handled rough water like a champ. I live on lake Houston and it can get pretty rough some days. I could fly across the chop with great handling, and never get wet. That is why i stuck with Yamaha FX when I recently upgraded to 2-2021 FX HO's . I am realizing that the new 2021 hull design does let some water over the bow. I have only put 1.5 hrs on them, so i am still trying them out. In rough water the other day, even with the trim all the way up, I was still getting some water over the bow which would never have happened with my 2009's. I've ordered a RIVA ride plate to help raise the nose some, but they are on backorder until May. I adjusted the trim rod to my pump nozzle last night and hope to try it out this weekend.

Go with Yamaha. I'm a diehard Seadoo guy, but a diehard Yamaha outboard guy. In the last 12 years Yamaha has built overall more reliable skis.

Thread Information